Original Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is totally against Baptist doctrine.

Baptists believe that a believer is baptized by total immersion after receiving Jesus Christ as personal Savior. A person publicly professes receiving the Savior, then is baptized publicly before the body of believers. A baby can't make a profession of faith, so it's impossible for a baby to have a believer's baptism.

Baptists and Anabaptists oppose infant baptism.

Okay, how old they should baptized? What's your belief? Do they baptized their children or let children choose themselves? Or until they study to understand bible first before baptized?

The child would not be a Christian until he or she personally accepted Jesus as Savior. No one is "born" a Christian. Christianity is not a race or nationality.

No. A person (child or adult) becomes a Christian by repenting and accepting Jesus as Savior. After that happens, then the believer is baptised as a public act of obedience to Jesus, showing other believers that he or she has trusted Jesus.

Baptism does NOT "wash away" sins. The sin guilt penalty is removed by the sacrificed blood of Jesus before baptism happens. Baptism is after salvation.

No, that's not it. A person must repent and accept Jesus as personal Savior, not messenger.

A child is taught by lesson (explaining the Bible), and by example (showing the difference between good behavior and bad sin behavior). Parents, Sunday School teachers, grandparents, neighbor friends, older siblings, etc., can teach the child. The Holy Spirit convicts the heart to understand the teaching. The Holy Spirit can and does convict the hearts of any people (regardless of age) who are exposed to the Gospel. The individual makes the decision to accept or reject the Gospel.

Oohhh I got it... Forget my question in my previous post #202 because I didn't see that you answered Yiffzer's question.

Your description is exact same as JW....

You can laugh whatever you wants but it's truth.

Yes it's truth accord my knowledge because I grow up with JW people and hang with them.... went same school with some of JW people... I involved with them... until I married and move and live in Germany... :) Of course I questioned them why they don't baptized their infants. I saw some Christians' posts and saw the same description EXCEPT blood transfision, no blood foods. Thats' why I know a lot about JW's belief.

Christian beleive Jesus is God but JW beleive Jesus is son of God.

I would say your belief and JW are almost similar (not 100% but almost).

Oh yes, many Baptists baptize infants as same as catholic, protestant, and luthern except JW. I withnessed them... :)

Atheists and Agnostics don't baptize their babies until their babies are old enough to decide which belief they want to have baptize. It's also JW as well... JW don't baptize their babies until their babies are old enough to accept their belief then.......
If they call themselves Baptist they are lying. One of the main distinctions between Baptists and other denominations is the fact that Baptists do NOT believe in infant baptism. (Baptists aren't the only ones who don't baptize infants but they are the ones we are currently discussing.)

I didn't think agnostics or atheists baptize their babies at all, period, since they don't go to church or believe in God. Why would they baptize their babies? Also, how are "babies are old enough to decide which belief they want"?

You can laugh whatever you wants but it's truth...Christian beleive Jesus is God but JW beleive Jesus is son of God.

I would say your belief and JW are almost similar (not 100% but almost).
I laugh because if JW's don't believe Jesus is God, then there is no way that their baptism and Baptist baptism is done for the same reason. Their baptism and Baptist baptism do NOT represent the same beliefs.

If they call themselves Baptist they are lying. One of the main distinctions between Baptists and other denominations is the fact that Baptists do NOT believe in infant baptism. (Baptists aren't the only ones who don't baptize infants but they are the ones we are currently discussing.)

Oh, I dunno... that's what I was raised to know what they did like this. :dunno:

I didn't think agnostics or atheists baptize their babies at all, period, since they don't go to church or believe in God. Why would they baptize their babies? Also, how are "babies are old enough to decide which belief they want"?

I have seen many Agnostics or Athesits don't force their children to beleive nothing... but they let their children decide what they beleive to... They let their children to learn about relgions and evolution in school... until they decide what they beleive to. It's same thing with my children as well... We positive our belief to our children...until they learn at school and then decide what they believe to. I have seen many believers force their children to beleive the same as them which not right.

Oh yes, many Baptists baptize infants as same as catholic, protestant, and luthern except JW. I withnessed them....
I know you don't believe me, so I'll quote an authority that you do seem to trust:

"Baptist is a term describing a tradition within Christianity and may also refer to individuals belonging to a Baptist church or a Baptist denomination. The tradition takes its name from the conviction that followers of Jesus Christ should be immersed in water as a visible and public display of their faith. Baptists do not practice infant baptism."
Baptist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have seen many Agnostics or Athesits don't force their children to beleive nothing... but they let their children decide what they beleive to... They let their children to learn about relgions and evolution in school... until they decide what they beleive to. It's same thing with my children as well... We positive our belief to our children...until they learn at school and then decide what they believe to. I have seen many believers force their children to beleive the same as them which not right.
Yes, but said that agnostics and atheists baptize their babies. How can a baby decide its beliefs?

"Atheists and Agnostics don't baptize their babies until their babies are old enough to decide which belief they want to have baptize."

Okay, how old they should baptized?
The age varies. It's whenever that person is old enough to make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. Some people decide that at age 4 years, some at age 40, some at age 90. Each person is different. I was age 28 years.

...Do they baptized their children or let children choose themselves?
The children must decide for themselves, just like the adults do.

Or until they study to understand bible first before baptized?
They don't have to understand the whole Bible before they're baptized. They have to understand the meaning of salvation, and the meaning of baptism, then they can be baptized. They continue to study and learn the Bible all through life.

I know you don't believe me, so I'll quote an authority that you do seem to trust:

"Baptist is a term describing a tradition within Christianity and may also refer to individuals belonging to a Baptist church or a Baptist denomination. The tradition takes its name from the conviction that followers of Jesus Christ should be immersed in water as a visible and public display of their faith. Baptists do not practice infant baptism."
Baptist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Huh? Where have you know that I don´t beleive you ? I only accept what you say here. I have no reason to not beleive you, didn´t I? I can´t say anything against your post because I has a little knowledge about Baptism but only say what I withnessed a lot of friends and colleagues who were being baptizted and also baptized their babies as well because I attended their christening parties a lot in the past. It does the same with Luthern, Catholic and Protestant as well.

Anyway, thank you for link... I will check with my friends about this and see what they answer.

Yes, but said that agnostics and atheists baptize their babies. How can a baby decide its beliefs?

"Atheists and Agnostics don't baptize their babies until their babies are old enough to decide which belief they want to have baptize."

*sigh* use your common sense and logic please.

I said in short grammar... until their babies are old enough to decide... which mean is their babies grow big and old enough to choose which belief they wants to...

I accept what you are and will type a long sentence instead of short grammer for you next time.

Atheists and Agnostic won´t baptize their babies until their babies become young adult and able to choose which beleif they want to worship when they don´t agree with their parents´belief...

Understand?

The age varies. It's whenever that person is old enough to make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. Some people decide that at age 4 years, some at age 40, some at age 90. Each person is different. I was age 28 years.

How do you baptizt? in Church ? or what? I only asking because I know JW don´t baptizt in the church but swimming pool.

The children must decide for themselves, just like the adults do.

Yes that´s what I thought so and agree on this.

They don't have to understand the whole Bible before they're baptized. They have to understand the meaning of salvation, and the meaning of baptism, then they can be baptized. They continue to study and learn the Bible all through life.

Interesting...

Accord my knowledge, JW only are being baptizt when they are really sure about their knowledge and faith to their belief.

Huh? Where have you know that I don´t beleive you ? I only accept what you say here. I have no reason to not beleive you, didn´t I?
That's kind of funny because in just about everything I post in the Christianity debates, you don't accept as truth. Oh, well.

I can´t say anything against your post because I has a little knowledge about Baptism but only say what I withnessed a lot of friends and colleagues who were being baptizted and also baptized their babies as well because I attended their christening parties a lot in the past.
That is weird because Baptists don't baptize babies, and they don't have christening parties. I don't know how they can call themselves Baptist churches if they don't have Baptist beliefs or practices.

It does the same with Luthern, Catholic and Protestant as well.
I can't say anything about those religions because I don't belong to them.

Anyway, thank you for link... I will check with my friends about this and see what they answer.
You're welcome. I hope it helps.

How do you baptizt? in Church ? or what? I only asking because I know JW don´t baptizt in the church but swimming pool.
Most American Baptist churches have baptistries built into their buildings, usually at the front of the church sanctuary (auditorium). Sometimes small American churches, or Baptist churches overseas, can't put a baptistry in their building, so they use swimming pools, rivers, portable baptistry tanks, lakes, etc. Any place they can get enough water.

I witnessed several baptisms at a beautiful spot in a river in Oregon last summer.

...Atheists and Agnostic won´t baptize their babies until their babies become young adult and able to choose which beleif they want to worship when they don´t agree with their parents´belief...

Understand?
I think so. You mean atheists and agnostices don't baptize their children. When their children grow up and become legal adults, they can decide for themselves whether or not to follow their parents' beliefs. Is that what you mean?

That's kind of funny because in just about everything I post in the Christianity debates, you don't accept as truth. Oh, well.

It doesn´t mean that I am against you personally over your belief when I debate with agree to disagree something with you at Religion debates or debates section. Example: You are for death penalty due your belief and said that your bible support death penalty or whatever which I disagree to and claim that God and Jesus don´t support death penatly because they love people and don´t want to see them to punish to death. I respect every beliefs what they believe in differently but I do not against them personally but debate with agree and disagree with our views on something... Example honor killing... A believer is for honor killing which I don´t agree. I am allow to tell a beleiver what/why I think of honor killing in debate threads.

That is weird because Baptists don't baptize babies, and they don't have christening parties. I don't know how they can call themselves Baptist churches if they don't have Baptist beliefs or practices.

Yeah, I am surprise after learn from you here for a first time... I do not realized because I thought Baptists are the same as Luthern, Catholic, and Protestant.

I can't say anything about those religions because I don't belong to them.

Well, I only collect their beliefs and learn to understand where they come from. I thought all the time about Baptist until I learn for a first time from you... that´s why I will check with my friends on this.

I think so. You mean atheists and agnostices don't baptize their children. When their children grow up and become legal adults, they can decide for themselves whether or not to follow their parents' beliefs. Is that what you mean?

No, it´s not legal adult but support young adult´s choice which I mean is teenagers or perhaps young than teenager... Depend on children´s maturity. It´s up to them either they want to be atheists, agnostics or other beliefs.... It´s up to their parents as well... Remember each parents have different children upbringing.. I only say what I know from seeing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back