On the path to OS X

ardchoille42

Reaction score
Just sold my iPad with Retina Display (WiFi+Cellular). I purchased this iPad from Verizon and it has served me well. I plan to save the money and add to it next month in order to purchase a MacBook Pro - yeah Apple has me spoiled now. I'll finally be able to replace Linux with OS X - which is a derivative of BSD.

I have been using Linux as my sole operating system since 2001, when I happened upon Debian GNU/Linux. Linux has been fun but I've been travelling towards Apple products over the past two years and I look forward to having a fully "Apple house".

The journey continues..

Welcome to the Apple world, it is very easy to convert PC users to iMac users. I converted to Apple three years ago and never looked back (except using PC for work :mad2:)

Welcome to the Apple world, it is very easy to convert PC users to iMac users. I converted to Apple three years ago and never looked back (except using PC for work :mad2:)

:laugh2: You are not only the one. My wife love her Mac so much and she hate PC at her work.

Just sold my iPad with Retina Display (WiFi+Cellular). I purchased this iPad from Verizon and it has served me well. I plan to save the money and add to it next month in order to purchase a MacBook Pro - yeah Apple has me spoiled now. I'll finally be able to replace Linux with OS X - which is a derivative of BSD.

I have been using Linux as my sole operating system since 2001, when I happened upon Debian GNU/Linux. Linux has been fun but I've been travelling towards Apple products over the past two years and I look forward to having a fully "Apple house".

The journey continues..
Welcome to Apple's World. What you use it for? Edit video? Photoshop? Heavy travel?

Welcome to Apple's World. What you use it for? Edit video? Photoshop? Heavy travel?

I used the iPad for a modile computer (web surfing, email, book reader) and a movie now and then. I found that I use my laptop more often than i use the iPAd, so I'm going to switch my laptop over to an Apple product.

I used the iPad for a modile computer (web surfing, email, book reader) and a movie now and then. I found that I use my laptop more often than i use the iPAd, so I'm going to switch my laptop over to an Apple product.

Sorry. I was not clear, I mean what you plan to use macbook for?

Sorry. I was not clear, I mean what you plan to use macbook for?

The Macbook will be used for the same thing the iPad was used for. However, I also do graphics artwork and plan to create iOS and OS X apps, so I need something more powerful than the iPad for these tasks. I'll be installing XCode and Photoshop on the Macbook - the iPAd can't really handle those types of tasks.

The Macbook will be used for the same thing the iPad was used for. However, I also do graphics artwork and plan to create iOS and OS X apps, so I need something more powerful than the iPad for these tasks. I'll be installing XCode and Photoshop on the Macbook - the iPAd can't really handle those types of tasks.

Ah. Macbook Pro is perfect for you. I am pretty happy with Macbook Air as it's pretty faster enough for edit video (iMovie) for 1080p.

Ah. Macbook Pro is perfect for you. I am pretty happy with Macbook Air as it's pretty faster enough for edit video (iMovie) for 1080p.

I looked at the Macbook Air and was really impressed with its weight and thickness, it was very tempting. If I ever get a second laptop it will be the Air.

I use Mac since 2007 and I have MacBook Pro, mostly for traveling and school.

I use gaming PC to play games and basic tasks at home.

Back