Oktoberfest- ADers gathering

F

Freaky

This is a wonderful opportunity for fellow ADers to meet in Kitchener, Ontario as there is an annual Bavarian festival called Oktoberfest. (CHUGFEST!!!) :beer: Fellow ADers from Rochester, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Ontario and surrounding areas are within driving distance to this Oktoberfest. DOMbaby and I have been talking about doing this gathering for ages but we never got around to do this... until we finally kicked each other's asses into gear!!! Right, DOMbaby? Time to :dance: at Oktoberfest, kill their wooden kegs and meet fellow ADers & :cheers: with each other!!! Let us know when you all want to meet as it falls on 2 weekends...

Friday October 10 2003 -
Saturday October 18 2003

:cheers: http://www.oktoberfest.ca/showpage.cgi?operation=homepage :cheers:

Let's have fun!!! *winksa!*

That's a great idea. Elyse really would like to go and get the chance to meet other ADers, and so do I.

Keep us updated on this, Freaky. This thread deserves to be sticky. :thumb:

Freaky said:
This is a wonderful opportunity for fellow ADers to meet in Kitchener, Ontario as there is an annual Bavarian festival called Oktoberfest. (CHUGFEST!!!) :beer: Fellow ADers from Rochester, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Ontario and surrounding areas are within driving distance to this Oktoberfest. DOMbaby and I have been talking about doing this gathering for ages but we never got around to do this... until we finally kicked each other's asses into gear!!! Right, DOMbaby? Time to :dance: at Oktoberfest, kill their wooden kegs and meet fellow ADers & :cheers: with each other!!! Let us know when you all want to meet as it falls on 2 weekends...

Friday October 10 2003 -
Saturday October 18 2003

:cheers: http://www.oktoberfest.ca/showpage.cgi?operation=homepage :cheers:

Let's have fun!!! *winksa!*

*Mimicking Jennifer Love Hewitt in a movie called "Can't hardly wait!*
I CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!!! *laughing maniacally!*

Oh yes, FreakyBaby... We have talked about it for since like one year?
About this time, we are gonna meet and meet other deafies! hee hee...

*Jumping up and down fast and furiously* Wow, I'm gonna drain the whole oktoberfest kegs!!! :naughty:

I'm gonna make sure that eternity and my two other friends from NY, will come!

We all will have good times!! *smilin' devilishly*

Thanks Freakybaby for bringing it up and we always have talked about meeting there!

Anyone who wishes to have good times, please come!

I have a question.. Does it have to AD'ers to meet eachother? or it can be friend's of AD'ers to join...

It'll be nice to meet all other AD'ers

Keep posting all the infos...

Bam-Bam said:
I have a question.. Does it have to AD'ers to meet eachother? or it can be friend's of AD'ers to join...

It'll be nice to meet all other AD'ers

Keep posting all the infos...

You're welcome to bring your friends!!! "The more the merrier!!!" :grouphug:

Awesome, I'd love to go. It's good thing that it's close to Toronto! I gotta make a decision between the 9+ hours road trip or 1+ hr of flight but pricey....
Do you know how far is it from Buffalo? Thanks, Freaky!

AWW MAN, just didn't see the date in that posting.. Realized that I can't come. :doh: would be flyin back home that weekend when it ends. And might be at Gally when it starts..

Daymn..

e said:
Awesome, I'd love to go. It's good thing that it's close to Toronto! I gotta make a decision between the 9+ hours road trip or 1+ hr of flight but pricey....
Do you know how far is it from Buffalo? Thanks, Freaky!

Hugs E!! From Buffalo to Kitchener, it takes around 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours give or take. From Kitchener to Toronto... it is only 45 minutes to an hour. Kitchener is about 2 hours from the Peace Bridge (Niagara Falls) and 3 hours from the Ambassador Bridge (Michigan) and the Detroit Tunnel. If you need directions.. I'll post it up when people actually do come to the party and plans are made etc... *crossing fingers and toes!*

Oh, shheeiiittt... I have to get stuck in foggy city where I attend university to finish my fall semester. Boo Boo. I wish I can use a beam technique to beam myself out like the Star Trek show and join you guys for "Octokefest Deaf gathering" in Canada. I have not gone to Toronto since 1983!!! Dammnnnn!! :cry: However, I hope I can able to meet ADers at future Deaf gatherings though.

:beer: :cheers: :grouphug: not mention this :3some: !! Just kidding!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be able to go and meet ya all in kitchener since I live in Ontario :D.

It sounds good enough for me. Utah is not far from here plus what's more I have not touched SLC and other surburbs. I am just curious about mormon state. Smiles.

E.......9 hrs? no fuckin' way...it should be 5 to 6 hrs...bec i went to rochester from nyc, just 4 hrs or less...depend which highway you take, then add about an hr or little more to canada... :eek2:

I went to Rochester several times, from Kitchener to Rochester, and it was 3 1/2- 4 hours drive and also a friend went to NYC from Kitchener.. it took him around 7-8 hours. It doesn't take long if you have switching drivers. I can get my friend to post how long it was to drive from Kitchener to NYC. I'd give you the easiest route to Kitchener using the main highways and use a route that cuts time off travelling.

Ohhhh SHHHEESSSHHHHH.... I wish i can go !! but pull out my pocket there is hole leak out !! arrrgghhhh !!!! but maybe next year or so would be good time just let me know the really ahead of times like five or more months to know the dates so i can be most prepare for the trip !!! once again we get together we will all get :grouphug: oh well... Wish all of u good luck and have fun up there ...

258~ I would love to go, however I probably can't because I probably will be caring for my newborn baby and I probably will be too tired and "grumpy." Heh. :Oops:

Hey guys,

I just went into mapquest. Its just general...not really from the airport to Kitchener it general just from Buffalo to kitchener just to give you folks some ideas.

heres the link... http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...p=&2c=kitchener&2s=ON&2z=&2ah=&lr=2&x=53&y=15

If you really want to be exact you can check it out from the mapquest.Hope that helps :)

(sorry guys i don't really know how to make the link much smaller this is the best i can do LOL)

knightwolf68 said:
Ohhhh SHHHEESSSHHHHH.... I wish i can go !! but pull out my pocket there is hole leak out !! arrrgghhhh !!!! but maybe next year or so would be good time just let me know the really ahead of times like five or more months to know the dates so i can be most prepare for the trip !!! once again we get together we will all get :grouphug: oh well... Wish all of u good luck and have fun up there ...

You're like one state away from the West ADers' Oktoberfest!! How much moolah would that take?

Back