Ojo Videophone (Snap!VRS)

After you apply for it, you are suppose to contact them via phone to answer few question, they will ask you if you use sign language, do you have router for modem port, etc etc. Then they will approve you. If you never got any email from them after 2 month which doesn't sound right. You should have of gotten email within same day or next day. I suggest you contact them and request them to find your application and if they cannot find your application. Give them the user name that you open account with them on snapvrs.

Let me know if you need help on getting ojo.

I'll have to back and find the email. I don't remember it asking me to call, but let me check.

Went back and checked. It said I was approved but that it will be a few months before I get it. It is from Oct 25 so I guess it still is within the few months. Thanks though.

I'll have to back and find the email. I don't remember it asking me to call, but let me check.

Went back and checked. It said I was approved but that it will be a few months before I get it. It is from Oct 25 so I guess it still is within the few months. Thanks though.

Ahh if the email said you were approved then you will get it it takes few month to get it, It took me 5 month to get mine and it was WORTH the waiting. But I suggest you to call them anyway to double check you are on waiting list. And find out how far down are you on wait list.

We have 3G here in America all over and soon will have WiMAX.

That's right, I looked up and found out we do :) Thanks Techbill.

To all reader, how many of you have applied for Ojo VP? If not yet why wait?

I am looking for new friend to chit chat on VP either with ojo or other, feel free to email me your IP to contact you or if you have ojo give me your #

Kevin.

Someday I might be able to buy the Ojo Shadow for $299 but I don't understand why hearing people have to pay a $9.95 per month service charge. If I get an Ojo it will be so I can sign directly with Deaf friends and clients, and not use a relay interpreter. So what's the service charge for?

The Ojo Personal Video Phone - Service

Someday I might be able to buy the Ojo Shadow for $299 but I don't understand why hearing people have to pay a $9.95 per month service charge. If I get an Ojo it will be so I can sign directly with Deaf friends and clients, and not use a relay interpreter. So what's the service charge for?

For providing connections. Just like a phone service. You pay monthly to use the phone. Same with OJO. if you get internet phone service, you also have to pay monthly fee. This is exactly same thing for Ojo service.

For providing connections. Just like a phone service. You pay monthly to use the phone. Same with OJO. if you get internet phone service, you also have to pay monthly fee. This is exactly same thing for Ojo service.
But if it runs thru the internet modem/router, it's using the existing internet provider, right?

But if it runs thru the internet modem/router, it's using the existing internet provider, right?

Not quite, It does use the internet connection to connect to other videophones. What we are paying for is for Ojo to allow us to have phone numbers and etc so they can find each other. They provide that service and we have to pay for it. That's why they are willing to give those out for free. They know our family and friends will buy one so they can use it with us and they also know that we will have to pay monthly for using the videophones. They make money by giving away the video phones. It is very similar to Vonage. They provide the phones and the service but it connects through the internet.

Not quite, It does use the internet connection to connect to other videophones. What we are paying for is for Ojo to allow us to have phone numbers and etc so they can find each other....
What do you mean "allow us to have phone numbers"? My friend just uses the family's existing phone number that they all use.

What do you mean "allow us to have phone numbers"? My friend just uses the family's existing phone number that they all use.

If you want complete understanding, you'll have to contact them. I don't know all the details. I just know that we have to subcribe in order to use the service.

I use my OJO phone "alot" and I love it and the service is great I don't have any problem with it for several months now. OJO is much worth it for me and I have no worries to wait like sorenson VP. I use OJO more then Soreson.

I think it is just like Sorenson. They make money on relay calls, not by Ojo to Ojo calls. What you are buying is not covered by the money they make on relay, hence the charges.

SNAP!VRS OJO is #1 overall

Hello folks, been busy lately at work, to let you know I've used snapvrs with ojo more this time from 9am-5pm I use their service appox 45% and I never had complain about them. I am still impressive with their service. They smile and thank you in friendly.

I notice that if you use Sorenson that someone call you... the relay service there will hang up right away when hearing people finish talking. They tend to be somewhat rude. That's why i don't like them.

With snapvrs ojo, I've never had anyone that is rude.

OH during xmas eve I was working... all of them smile and said thank you and you have WONDERFUL christmas with bright smile and said thank thank thank you and wait for you to hang up first. Did same thing with NYE.

Time for Ojo to become TOP VP service.

Kevin.

I think it is just like Sorenson. They make money on relay calls, not by Ojo to Ojo calls. What you are buying is not covered by the money they make on relay, hence the charges.
I wonder who they charge when a person takes the Ojo with them on a trip? That is, plugging in at the motel, or at a friend's house, or at work, temporarily, for a day or two.

I wonder who they charge when a person takes the Ojo with them on a trip? That is, plugging in at the motel, or at a friend's house, or at work, temporarily, for a day or two.

That's a good question. I would think since they are charging a montly fee for use of OJO. There wouldn't be extra fee charged. However, the hotel or motel might charge extra on top of room charge for access to internet.

That's a good question. I would think since they are charging a montly fee for use of OJO. There wouldn't be extra fee charged. However, the hotel or motel might charge extra on top of room charge for access to internet.
Whenever I've traveled with my laptop, the motels didn't charge for internet access.

I just signed up for free Ojo last summer. I am still waiting. My friend have Ojo and he showed me through VP100 and it was sooo NEAT that I can see Ojo pix (there were caller in Ojo too) and it was so clear and I was able to say "HI" to the Ojo caller too. Neato. I heard of Wireless Ojo but it's not free tho.

I have Wireless router and can use Access Point to plug in to Ojo (couple of power jacks all you need to plug in {Ojo and Access Point}). It would be very nice to take it outside on a beautiful day while ur friends on other end of line using VP100 or 200 being caged inside the dark deary room LOL. Ojo would be great for travel too. Take it to your family or friend's place (those who have broadbands) and use it. Hotels do have broadband, but may charge and I cannot promise it would work for Ojo in hotel room that you rent because they blocks some ports ( I don't know what ports they block except that I know they blocks sending Email from ur laptop).

I DO have Logitech Fusion webcam for my laptop or PC and I use excusively for VRS and videochat (like Oovoo.com, Sorenson Envision SL). Pix are far better than my crappy VP100. I don't use my VP100 much cuz of lousy camera.

(Hey guys! IF you own newer Logitech webcams, you CAN use Video Effect (like Fun Filter, Avitars, Face animation) and show it to your friend on their VP100 or 200. It works! LOL. Friends drooled over my video effect (like captian hat w/ dark glasses and cigar) Use Sorenson Envision SL and dial with IP address (must get IP addy from ur friend's VP to call. Video effect won't work on oovoo.com grrr)

Catty

Back