Official Presidential and Congressional Election Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama's speech was very beautiful and empowering. My tears welled up. This will go down in history.

To those who aren't happy that Obama won, time to get over it :D

Exactly!! I dont understand why pp aren't happy with our new chosen president. Jeebus.

whining.jpg

Let me ask you a question, Do you remember an election where a candidate won even tho he didn't get majority of people voting for him?

Do you ever wonder why that happens?

It is a representative democracy, if you don't like it, rewrite the constitution. And really, I still fail to see your point, that DIDN'T happen here.

It is a representative democracy, if you don't like it, rewrite the constitution. And really, I still fail to see your point, that DIDN'T happen here.

uh.... yea it did.

I'm so pissed at crowd for booed McCain's speech. I think his speech was pretty respect for Obama... he derseve some respect from the crowd. Sighs. *shakes head*

I'm kinda of not really happy and happy at the same that Obama... but I'm so happy it's over... at the least! Phew.

But I really like Obama's speech, a such touchy one. I agreed with Lucia. :cheers: :)

Who says I dont like it? I voted for Obama! I wanted him to win and I'm glad he did.

My point is this country is not truely a democracy, it is a republic which is a form of democracy!

I don't want to reword the contitution cause for a man made article, it has worked great!

That is why I added the Pledge of Allegiance. It don't matter what you want to believe. The truth is our government is a Republic which is a form of Democracy.

Jeebus. Stop being sour grapes like Wokmuma. Just celebrate and happy that we finally made significant civil movement which is having THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT in our history?!!

Jeebus. Stop being sour grapes like Wokmuma. Just celebrate and happy that we finally made significant civil movement which is having THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT in our history?!!

I agree. Besides, I don't feel like debating tonight. I'd rather celebrate Obama's victory.

One thing you seem to be forgetting is that the dominant trend over the last 2 centuries has been to make America into a Democracy.

Man! I give up. You guys aren't even trying to understand what I'm trying to tell you.

WOO WOO! Hey guys, Obama WON!
Whoops. I guess you already know?
Never mind then. :)

One thing you seem to be forgetting is that the dominant trend over the last 2 centuries has been to make America into a Democracy.

Hear Again, I do 'hear' you that we are a democracy-practicing country, however. Guess that we could all leave 'Republic' alone till someone proves it otherwise.

Exactly faire_jour. America has been a representative democracy for the past 2 centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back