Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

OMG! Another Switched at Birth thread! Like, OMG! this is so amazing! OMG OMG OMG!

Hello everyone, I've merged all known large switched at birth threads and edited this one to make it the official one.
Please be kind as to guide the lost gentle newbies to this topic as they continue miss it.

Thanks
-n

Hello everyone, I've merged all known large switched at birth threads and edited this one to make it the official one.
Please be kind as to guide the lost gentle newbies to this topic as they continue miss it.

Thanks
-n

Must we guide them gently? :hmm:

:ty: All under one roof, finally.

I'm curious about what will happen this week.
I really like Bay and Emmett together, but I like Bay anyway.

They need to have Daphne uses more ASL ( sign language ) instead of speak ( oral method ).

Also, the film shooter need to visual better with their sign language instead of back of body and cutting their signer off.

Thanks
-n

I think you so much for this and I promise, I will be a gentle as a lamb.

There is an episode coming up where [Katherine's] mother comes to visit and she pushes a lot of buttons racially and asks questions about blood and who her real granddaughter is. Bay or Daphne

Attachments

• b1881f657e1dfaf444ec51c081d9c7fb.jpg
    b1881f657e1dfaf444ec51c081d9c7fb.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
I just watched the first episode (for me first) - the one where the families sat
down for the diner together and argued about the deaf driving a motorcycle.

interesting.

Looks like I missed a few in the beginning.

Would you mind telling me how did they find each other, please?

Fuzzy

I just watched the first episode (for me first) - the one where the families sat

interesting.

Fuzzy

You will need to watch second episode. That will explain it to you. But, I'll tell you anyway.

!! SPOILER ALERT !! To highlight it by selected all of the quote. Read at your own risk!
Bay said her blood type is B (or something?) but "her" family
said it can't be, because she should have either AB or A positive.
Soon, they realized something was wrong with her blood.
So, they went to hospital and to find out. A bit later,
they called Daphne's "family" and discussed about it.
Now, Daphne and "her" family made a plan to visit Bay's "family".

There you go. That's how.

I thought it is worthy mention. I just created a new deviantART group for Switched at Birth today! :D It should show up in a few hours or so. If you're a deviant and fan of SaB, I encourage you to join there once it arrives. I definitely notify you guys when Admins approve it.

UPDATED: The group is now up! Everything is settled up! :D

Now, go and check it out there, here!

Last edited:
You will need to watch second episode. That will explain it to you. But, I'll tell you anyway.

!! SPOILER ALERT !! To highlight it by selected all of the quote. Read at your own risk!

There you go. That's how.

THANK YOU !! :ty:

Fuzzy

Hello, sorry for jumping in without reading all previous pages, but I have a question. I was watching an extra about ASL and Sean Beardy (sorry for spelling) is talking about Emmett's name sign. It is at his head, and he said it is because of his hair, like his bangs stick out.

But he has Deaf parents, wouldn't he have his name sign close to birth? And probably not have hair like that as a baby? Or can your name sign change, like it was changed when he was maybe in school or something? I mean obviously, it is a tv show, but I was curious.

Also, I wondered, Bay's name sign, it is a B and for her wavy hair, right? Daphne's is easier to figure out :)

interesting.

Fuzzy

If you miss any previously show, recommend you go to Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu to catch up the shows. You will understand better.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD
Highlight all of this comment to see, but read at your risk!

1.) It seems Bay and Daphne slowly become rivals, indeed. I wonder, how long they stay being enemy to each other if they are? I hope they get along again someday. Maybe, they grow up and accept their mistakes? Personally, I don't care about Which Emmett should be with either Bay or Daphne.

2.) It seems both families of Bay's and Daphne's are going to be enemies to each other. So, I wonder, what result for them later? Never get along well or forgive and move one? I hope they forgive and move on or... they could be all one family if their result gets better! Well, we shall wait and see... :) Interesting, it seems Bay's grandmother is on Daphne's family against Angelo. Oof... Sounds not good. Well, I should prepare myself for worse! Aha. :P

3.) I hope writers tell me a bit more about relationship between Melody and her ex-husband. It seems Emmett is probably only child, so do he have any sibling or, maybe half-siblings? By the way, it is nice to see something new: a hearing character (Emmett's dad's new girlfriend) lose her hear sense at her teen ages. It's pretty rare to see like that.

4.) This is not related to SaB series. It's just my thoughts. If writers bring Deaf characters with CI, I think it would be nice to not bring CI wars. Just have characters with CIs as regular Deaf people like us instead rivals between Deaf with CI and Deaf with no CI. I am sure we have enough of that. What do you think?

Back