Obsessive people

Fly Free

Reaction score
how do u deal with ppl who seems to be pretty obsessive over seemingly IDIOTIC things and cant handle opinions of others qq

i typically ignore them but when they go the extreme of trying to say shit abt u and so forth -- it shows me how immature they are and shows that they dont really act their own age -- why not just take the opinion and leave it alone and simply ignore the ppl they dont like how hard is that q :roll:

i know we have the right to free speech and opinions (ref'ing the 1st ammendment right) but some things just reeks of OBSESSION when a person just carry on and on about ONE thing (or few things abt a person) to me sure sounds obsessive

when it comes to obessive poeple that e mail craps to me all i do is just TOS and and ofc block idiots that has no life, certain poeple that i know just has no respect on how to shut up and move on, I DO know that i moved on and i know im entitled to my own opioion doesn t mean i have to just sit down and mind my own business i do have the right to the first admendment like fly said, and constructive criticism is a vaild respect to poeple showing they can take it or just ingore it, I have been criticized and i listen to them and i value thier opioion i also have a choice to either take it or ingore it. Immaturity will get u NO where! ALL it will do is just make U look like a fool and make them feel proud to make U look like a fool just learn to MOVE ON and act ur age!

Originally posted by Fly Free
how do u deal with ppl who seems to be pretty obsessive over seemingly IDIOTIC things and cant handle opinions of others qq

i typically ignore them but when they go the extreme of trying to say shit abt u and so forth -- it shows me how immature they are and shows that they dont really act their own age -- why not just take the opinion and leave it alone and simply ignore the ppl they dont like how hard is that q :roll:

i know we have the right to free speech and opinions (ref'ing the 1st ammendment right) but some things just reeks of OBSESSION when a person just carry on and on about ONE thing (or few things abt a person) to me sure sounds obsessive

Hmm...I understand the point you're trying to make -- :P if that did happen to me -- being confronted by someone who's totally obsessed over something and keeps on ranting about it, I think I'd ignore the person and just not try to positively support them as that'll entice them into obsessing some more.

I just remembered one incident that happened during the time I was living in Los Angeles -- I was rooming with 3 other people (all deaf) and all of us were addicted to drugs, especially crack cocaine at the time. The male roommate was totally obsessed over getting his fix on crack and alcohol...that he got to the point of ranting and obsessing over when he'd get his next fix and where to get the money, etc. It really scared me because whenever he was on drugs and drunk, he always became violent towards his girlfriend and other roommate and myself. He once tried to strangle me as he was demanding an answer from me and I had refused. (He did strangle me, but let me go)
Thankfully, I've since moved on and no longer am in contact with those people. I still do hear rumours and updates on them, but I don't directly contact them because I just know that if I do, they'll try to come after me and try to get me enabling and supporting them and their drug addictions.

Thank GODDESS that I'm in Australia, not in the US cos they cannot reach me!! hehehe! :P Me bad...in a way, no...it's a good thing the distance's great and they cannot afford to go anywhere cos they need every red bloody cent to get their next fix.

yea waterrats -- *smh* some ppl just think its ok to be obsessive over little seemingly idiotic things :roll: and not know how to move on sheesh

Is love an obsession? Or, when you're obsessed with someone, is it love?

Originally posted by prostock19

love an obsession -- its a GOOD obsession at least IMO especially if BOTH partners are SO into eachother but try not to go overboard LOL

obsessed with SOMEONE in the category of love that seems extremely dangerous (examples: celiberities and the papparazzi and obsessed fans) and obsession of people in general of what they do and etc etc THAT is not good :thumbd:

i'm very obsessed about my looking ... always go see mirrow to see how i look and blah ... sheesh!

I'm kinda obsessive about germs.

I wash my hands... very frequently. Sometimes, after leaving the bathroom. I come back in 30 seconds to wash my hands again.

But it's not that serious though.

Originally posted by Banjo
I'm kinda obsessive about germs.

I wash my hands... very frequently. Sometimes, after leaving the bathroom. I come back in 30 seconds to wash my hands again.

But it's not that serious though.

That's perfectly understandable, Banjo -- I'm obsessed and anally fussy about keeping my hands 'germ-free' whilst I'm at work. I work with intellectually disabled people and the duties I do are getting clients up from bed (normally wet from urinating over night in bed), showering/bathing them, sending them to the toilet, making meals for them and driving them to their respective schools/day placements.
I wash my hands after EVERY time I've come into contact with each client (have 5 people there) -- I wash my hands like 50+ times during the day.

Originally posted by Fly Free
love an obsession -- its a GOOD obsession at least IMO especially if BOTH partners are SO into eachother but try not to go overboard LOL

obsessed with SOMEONE in the category of love that seems extremely dangerous (examples: celiberities and the papparazzi and obsessed fans) and obsession of people in general of what they do and etc etc THAT is not good :thumbd:

actually, no offense, but i think that is untrue.

here's an excerpt from >> http://www.samarthbharat.com/obsession.htm

"Love is focused and centered on the needs of the beloved. Obsession, in contrast, is self-centered. The obsessed is always focused on his (or her) own desires and the object of obsession is incidental. Love treats the beloved as a human being and in extreme cases lovers treat love and beloved as divine. For the obsessed the centre of his attention is an object with no desires, no life independent of the intense desire that the obsessed has for the object. He (or she) is almost like a child who is mad for a toy and will take the toy with him (or her) to bed, to garden, and even to the toilet. But if one day the toy hurts the child, there is immediate rejection. The child is now looking for a new toy while the old one is thrown mercilessly into the dustbin."

Originally posted by compLicaTed

"Love is focused and centered on the needs of the beloved. Obsession, in contrast, is self-centered. The obsessed is always focused on his (or her) own desires and the object of obsession is incidental. Love treats the beloved as a human being and in extreme cases lovers treat love and beloved as divine. For the obsessed the centre of his attention is an object with no desires, no life independent of the intense desire that the obsessed has for the object. He (or she) is almost like a child who is mad for a toy and will take the toy with him (or her) to bed, to garden, and even to the toilet. But if one day the toy hurts the child, there is immediate rejection. The child is now looking for a new toy while the old one is thrown mercilessly into the dustbin."
Thank you for the informative article. I read it carefully. You know my situation, and I am still confused, but this article did help.

Originally posted by prostock19

When you're obsessed with someone.. that's lust and infatuation. When you're in love with someone.. you would not obsess over every little detail with that person. Sadly, lust and infatuation makes you do things you don't normally do.

Originally posted by Freaky
When you're obsessed with someone.. that's lust and infatuation. When you're in love with someone.. you would not obsess over every little detail with that person. Sadly, lust and infatuation makes you do things you don't normally do.
:shock: I'm so obsessed with myself :laugh2: :lol:

Originally posted by Freaky
I am still confused about this one girl. Is it Love? Lust? Obsession? I hear all the above from my friends. :ugh:

oh god... u still being so obessive... get OVER it... u keep goin on and on and on about it... who's obessive hmm.. heres prove... not us.. its Y O U!!!... Stop with that god!!!...

Originally posted by compLicaTed

i started this thread asking abt how to deal with general situations that seems to reek of obsession and somewhere along the way it turned into a love issue -- anyhow i take no offense in what u had said :D as i believe in ppl giving their opinions and/or posting a link in the web for those to check out and express their viewpoints in the general issue of how to deal with ppl who are obsessive -- be it love related or other issues

Back