Obamacare watch...Supreme Court Decision

please explain little bit more about what this court upheld? meaning people without insurance must pay against their wishes or they pay big fine? still?

Yep, But as I and most others argued, The court ruled that it is a Tax....Something that Obama denied. Since the rich have insurance and the poor are covered it is essentially a tax on the middle class.

I am thinking Roberts may be a genius....we will have to wait and see.

please explain little bit more about what this court upheld?
mainly - individual mandate.

meaning people without insurance must pay against their wishes or they pay big fine? still?
you are free to not get health insurance. the government cannot compel you to get one but if you don't get one, you can get taxed, not penalty fees or fines. however, this shouldn't be of a concern to you due to exemptions.

exempted.

no.

it's certainly not because of Obamacare since it doesn't even take effect until 2014. if more businesses are going out of business before Obamacare even take effect, it's because of fat cats, not Obamacare.

Or people preparing for/protesting against obamacare. :)

please explain little bit more about what this court upheld? meaning people without insurance must pay against their wishes or they pay big fine? still?

If you have Medicare or Medicaid or Tricare or private insurance from work or private insurance from exchange so you will not face tax penalty.

If you can't afford to buy insurance so government will help you.

Not having health insurance is serious liable to medical care cost.

Yep, But as I and most others argued, The court ruled that it is a Tax....Something that Obama denied. Since the rich have insurance and the poor are covered it is essentially a tax on the middle class.

I am thinking Roberts may be a genius....we will have to wait and see.

correction - the whole point of this Obamacare is to provide coverage for middle class since majority of middle classes are uninsured.

correction - the whole point of this Obamacare is to provide coverage for middle class since majority of middle classes are uninsured.

Provide? :lol: I thought it was about reducing costs for the middle class through exchanges. Interesting. :lol:

Or people preparing for/protesting against obamacare. :)

then that would be a very misguided effort.

there are plenty worse thing than Obamacare that adversely affect small businesses such as tax cuts/tax exemptions/tax loopholes for corporations and riches.

In case you didn't know, Obama has already passed benefit package for small businesses last year or so.

then that would be a very misguided effort.

there are plenty worse thing than Obamacare that adversely affect small businesses such as tax cuts/tax exemptions/tax loopholes for corporations and riches.

In case you didn't know, Obama has already passed benefit package for small businesses last year or so.

And how was that received. :laugh2:

Provide? :lol: I thought it was about reducing costs for the middle class through exchanges. Interesting. :lol:

it is. this will force health insurances and hospitals to reduce ridiculously over-inflated and ballooned medical costs. it's comical to charge patient $100 for a pair of tylenols.

And how was that received. :laugh2:

why don't you explain instead of :laugh2: around which can be perceived as trolling and combative?

Maybe I'm missing something or not understanding something so I hope you will be more forthcoming and cooperative in this thread instead of acting like a buffoon.

If it moves, tax it.

Yep :lol: Basically the court upheld the commerce clause (excellent) but granted almost unlimited taxing power which should scare the piss out of most independents.

Yep :lol: Basically the court upheld the commerce clause (excellent) but granted almost unlimited taxing power which should scare the piss out of most independents.

Nonsense.

it is. this will force health insurances and hospitals to reduce ridiculously over-inflated and ballooned medical costs. it's comical to charge patient $100 for a pair of tylenols.

So, "provide" was wrong then...

That's right. Now the gate is open for taxing anything they want.

Back