Obama tells Arabic network US is 'not your enemy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I should have included Indonesia, and some parts of Africa and Asia. I guess I was too focused on the Middle East region because of the "Arabic" topic. My bad. :whip:

Indonesia is growing like very crazy and more poverty. :eek:

I also wanted to mention that I have Muslim family members. Not all Muslims are extremist or "bad" or even think their own religion is the most correct. My Russian and Indonesian relatives are Muslim, and they are actually quite peaceful people, too. In fact the word "muslim" comes from the Arabic word for peace--"salaam." The root is in the consonants: muslim and salaam. So the original philosophy of Islam (same root--Islam) is based on peace. And then some people decided to twist it for their own purposes, just as some fundamentalists have done with Christianity in the U.S.

:gpost:

Are all Arabs bad people?

I have friends from the Middle East...does that make me a terrorist?

Exactly. One of my dear friends is from Afghanistan, and her and her family are Muslims. In fact, she is in the picture I posted at the Obama rally! She is a big supporter of democracy.

I'm from North Korea! *being lie*
Suppose I'm a terrorist, too?!?

:shock: Excuse me for your false accusation/assumption of something I didn't...

Is question, I ask an attack?

Religion issues has NOTHING do with my QUESTION to Maria but Islamophobia.

Next time, please ASK me for specific to make sure first before say something instead of jump to wrong conclusions.

Whoa whoa whoa, relax! No, I didn't post it distantly at you. I only post it generally. I'm sorry if you feel being aimed by my posts. I just stood on my thought...

I have a roommate whose moved in the us from Iraq last year. He's very friendly guy!

It seems a few of us have friends who are Arabic, Muslim or from the Middle East. Why cant Obama?

I'm from North Korea! *lying*
Suppose I'm a terrorist, too?!?

You = Kim Jong Il!?!
Kim Jong Il: 전쟁!

Kim Jong Il is nuts. That little bird on the coo coo cereal box? He ain't nothing compared to Kim Jong Il. He gonna blow up the world cuz he's a knucklehead.

A side note: a Physics lecture today covered nuclear and energy detonation. My professor demonstrated that even if all the bombs were to be detonated right now as of this instant today, the earth will still be standing. "It is just physically impossible" at this point in time for it to happen - he was harping on Al Gore's statement today Jan 28th about global warming/bombs that will blow up the world.

Bridges were burnt down before Bush.

Think of the past terrorist attacks. Not just the 9-11
So you can not JUST blame Bush for their hatred towards the USA.

Yes, that's true. I remember when Ronald Reagan bombed tripoli. I was at school then. I also think that President Clinton bombed a few countries.

Whilst going to war doesn't exactly make them love us, it's not really the reason they hate us. After all they attack other countries that didn't go to war with them too.

Remember that Danish cartoonist who critized their prophet. They went ape over that. They turned on people who were on their own side!

me too. My good friend is a family member of Oil Ministry in Bahrain and he hates "Jews" very much because of Palestine situation. Does that make me terrorist by association too?

No. Only if agreed to tuck a bomb in your shirt and go into a populated jewish area with it. I'm not saying your friend would do a thing like that. Hating someone and commiting terrorist acts are two differant things.

No. Only if agreed to tuck a bomb in your shirt and go into a populated jewish area with it. I'm not saying your friend would do a thing like that. Hating someone and commiting terrorist acts are two differant things.

thank you dreama but you didn't have to answer my question because it was a rhetoric question.

Whoa whoa whoa, relax! No, I didn't post it distantly at you. I only post it generally. I'm sorry if you feel being aimed by my posts. I just stood on my thought...

Generally? Of course I would agree that it´s generally if "anti" has been posted by several ADers in the whole thread here but all what I see is just only me.. Yes I am only one who brought the word up... Generally? To me, it´s not...

Therefore, you misinterpreted your thought few posts later after read my post to question someone that´s why I correct your thought.

Generally? Of course I would agree that it´s generally if "anti" has been posted by several ADers in the whole thread here but all what I see is just only me.. Yes I am only one who brought the word up... Generally? To me, it´s not...

Therefore, you misinterpreted your thought few posts later after read my post to question someone that´s why I correct your thought.

Uhh... Okay, if you said so. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back