Obama supports Mosque at Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparison was made only with regard to being able to withhold right in the name of public safety.

Remeber visitors to the Mosque would be the "public" too. People are often forbidden to go into areas for their own safety.

Public safety is a trump card.

Just does not apply in this instance. The only way your examples would apply is if someone yelled "Fire!" in a crowded mosque.

I'm just curious, that all. :lol:

No I wouldn't have a problem with it.....And as an American I wouldn't have a problem with them building a mosque down the street from my house or next door to my church.

However building a mosque at ground zero in insensitive.

Last edited:
All this controversy is just a smoke screen in my opinion. We're not hearing from those who believe 9-11 to be an inside job, and their arguments make things entirely different than those presented here. Ach.

No I wouldn't have a problem with it.....And as an American I wouldn't have a problem with them building a Mosque down the street from my house or next door to my church.

However building a mosque at ground zero in insensitive.

Did you miss the discussion? Why did you capitalize "mosque"?

Comparison was made only with regard to being able to withhold right in the name of public safety.

Remeber visitors to the Mosque would be the "public" too. People are often forbidden to go into areas for their own safety.

Public safety is a trump card.
Lower case mosque please. (Grammar police citation issued.) :giggle:

Trying to build dialog with those super tolerant Muslims

Riiiiight. There are so many of them reading AD posts today. And, I'm certain that they would see your error as well.

" It says that Congress may not set up a national religion or restrict freedom of religion. It does not say laws cannot be based on Judeo-Christian principles or Islamic principles or any other set of principles, as long as they adhere to the rest of the Constitution."

Are you sure you know what you're saying?
Yes, I know what I'm saying.

Many Christians and Muslims advocate the idea of having theocratic governments.
That would be covered under setting up a national religion. Besides that, I don't think that many Muslims in this country want Sharia law imposed and I haven't heard any Christians say they want a theocratic Christian government. I'm sure you can find a few marginalized Jesus freaks who talk like that, but no one of importance.

Our founding fathers make sure it won't happen and outlined it clearly in the Constitution. Even made sure that no religious test shall be required.

Again, it boils down to this simple truth - you cannot deny others the same freedom no matter HOW you personally feel.
You haven't addressed my point. You've merely reiterated your original point. People are trying to use persuasion, not force, to get the mosque moved. How is that a denial of a right?

Actually you can.

Freedom of speech is denied to those who wish to yell fire in a theater. Gun rights are taken from felons...ect ect ect

Public safety is the out. The ground zero mosque could certain be seen as a threat to the safety of the neighbors. :)
That's pretty tenuous. I don't see any evidence that they're going to set up a jihad shop inside. Otherwise, you could argue that non-Muslims will go nuts and start violence over this. I think we all deserve a little more credit.

... I haven't heard any Christians say they want a theocratic Christian government. I'm sure you can find a few marginalized Jesus freaks who talk like that, but no one of importance.
As a Christian, I don't want a theocratic government headed by anyone except Jesus himself. :)

...People are trying to use persuasion, not force, to get the mosque moved. How is that a denial of a right?
Correct. Persuasion is not a denial of rights.

Persuasion would be the AFL-CIO telling the unions we will not build it!
If you build it...they will come.
If you don't build it..they will go somewhere else.

Wirelessly posted

Reba said:
... I haven't heard any Christians say they want a theocratic Christian government. I'm sure you can find a few marginalized Jesus freaks who talk like that, but no one of importance.
As a Christian, I don't want a theocratic government headed by anyone except Jesus himself. :)

...People are trying to use persuasion, not force, to get the mosque moved. How is that a denial of a right?
Correct. Persuasion is not a denial of rights.

Even if Jesus himself was recarinated as a Chinese?

If you understand about the Bible and re-incarnation, you'd know the difference.

It is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment. (Hebrews 9:27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back