Nyc??

JessicaH413

Reaction score
heyyyy everyone so i've been looking around the site and i see people saying there is a huge deaf population in NYC/north jersey area. I was wondering if anyone wants to hang out with a super fun 21 year old hearing chick ( thats me) I know some asl and i use to work at American school for the deaf I got the boot from there in april and I just miss deaf people and kids. If anyone wants to adopt me reply or message me. Im always up for a cup of coffee, adventure in the city or a crazy night out on the town.
:D

Why did you get the boot from the school, eh?

heyyyy everyone so i've been looking around the site and i see people saying there is a huge deaf population in NYC/north jersey area. I was wondering if anyone wants to hang out with a super fun 21 year old hearing chick ( thats me) I know some asl and i use to work at American school for the deaf I got the boot from there in april and I just miss deaf people and kids. If anyone wants to adopt me reply or message me. Im always up for a cup of coffee, adventure in the city or a crazy night out on the town.
:D

yes you are correct - quite a large deaf pop around here but I have not met any of them. I just know it. I'm from north NJ (right next to NYC) as well. I don't mind meeting up although I am a social hermit :cool2:

Why did you get the boot from the school, eh?

Well... they laid off like 1/4 of thier staff the school is having financial issues and last one hired, first one fired. Nothing to do with job performance just union/ senoirty BS :roll: thank you very much!

yes you are correct - quite a large deaf pop around here but I have not met any of them. I just know it. I'm from north NJ (right next to NYC) as well. I don't mind meeting up although I am a social hermit :cool2:

where near NYC are you? Im in cliffside and if you are really close to NYC youll know where that is

Well... they laid off like 1/4 of thier staff the school is having financial issues and last one hired, first one fired. Nothing to do with job performance just union/ senoirty BS :roll: thank you very much!

Don't take it all on me, Jessica. I was only curious here. I am sorry to have asked you a question like that.

JClarke i was just joking. My sarcasm doesn't come through on forums :)
no question is off limits with me

What is American School for the Deaf like nowadays? I wasn't aware that ASD was in the terms of laying off their staff. Loved NYC unfortunately don't live there or else I would hang out and have a blast in the dear old town!

I LOVED ASD I would work there again in a second.I cried for a week when i got liad off. ( im working with autistic kids now and its just no where near as amazing) I worked in the grammar school( cogswell) and just loved everyone including the kids. Admission is declining significantly. A lot of towns are keeping their kids in district and they aren't getting as many out of state kids basically over the next few years they are going to lose a lot more kids then they think they will be able to enroll. The CEO is trying to balance the books by laying off people. Economic times are tough!

it really does i bought a lemon today it was $1.. for ONE LEMON!!! thats just craziness,.. ok im still looking for NYC people!

Unfortunately, I am no where near NYC _ am I'll say 15,000 miles away from there.

Back