Ny Woman Arrested After Driving With Homemade License Plate On Car

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
12802967_10154068980059614_807004892622147357_n.jpg

amanda.jpg

A 28-year-old woman who was driving around with a homemade license plate fashioned out of cardboard was arrested in New York after being pulled over by a sheriff’s deputy earlier this week, according to authorities.

A deputy was patrolling in Springville when he observed a vehicle driving with a plate “that was obviously an imitation New York license plate,” the Erie County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

When he pulled over the driver, identified as Amanda Schweickert, the deputy discovered her registration was suspended and that she was operating the vehicle without any insurance, the Facebook post stated.

A photo of the fake license plate released by the Sheriff’s Office showed it was made out cardboard and painted to resemble a real New York plate.

“In case you are wondering, homemade cardboard license plates are NOT legal,” sheriff’s officials said in a separate Facebook post.

Schweickert was arrested on suspicion of possessing a forged instrument, operating a vehicle with suspended registration, and three vehicle and traffic infractions, according to the Facebook post.

She was initially held in lieu of $400 bail.

Authorities seized the fake license plate and placed it into evidence.

http://ktla.com/2016/03/05/ny-woman...omemade-license-plate-on-car-sheriffs-office/

That would be really cool to have a license plate with your child or grandchild artwork on it ! I would love one with my grandchild artwork . :)

If you live in a state that only has one plate (rear), no reason you can't get one designed to put on the front of the car. I wouldn't want an official license plate that people put MORE stuff on. It's bad enough some states offer SO many different kinds now. Hard to tell what states are what now. Miss the old days when you had just ONE style of plates for each state...easier.... (at least for the police...). I remember having one of those license plates sticker books one summer and we used to look for them when we visited Ocean City NJ (I found Ontario Canada lol).

If you live in a state that only has one plate (rear), no reason you can't get one designed to put on the front of the car. I wouldn't want an official license plate that people put MORE stuff on. It's bad enough some states offer SO many different kinds now. Hard to tell what states are what now. Miss the old days when you had just ONE style of plates for each state...easier.... (at least for the police...). I remember having one of those license plates sticker books one summer and we used to look for them when we visited Ocean City NJ (I found Ontario Canada lol).
My state (SC) is guilty--I think they have a couple hundred designs.

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/default.aspx?n=south_carolina_license_plates

My state (SC) is guilty--I think they have a couple hundred designs.

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/default.aspx?n=south_carolina_license_plates

Oh lord.. That was probably the state I was thinking of when I posted. I remember seeing so many of them when I lived there and had to switch from NC to SC... and when I did they were right in the middle of switching from the old design to the newer design (I ended up with the newer one).

For some reason every state I've lived in where I got a plate... I wind up with the newer version lol. Colorado I have two different versions of plates though (long story as to how THAT happened).

I think she placed you on her ignore list so it won't matter to her.

WOW, her homemade plate almost looks real! If she only had a ruler and a steady hand she might of pulled it off! Better yet, Photoshop and a good color printer.

Yea, it was on our local newspaper, I was like RME! Its not far from here, about 45 minutes south.

It is easier to fake plate with today plate, if it were from old plate, harder to fake it cause more detail on plate from Niagara falls though the Dacks down Catskills the NYC.
Mine is vanity plate, yea it cost more... oh well.

I always wondered why they switched how the plates looks to flat from the old embossed/raised letters and numbers. Seems it's harder to fake the old style than the new...

I think she placed you on her ignore list so it won't matter to her.

Oh I've known that for a long time. Don't care. It's still part of the discussion and I am participating in the discussion. As you can see- others have responded even though I know the person doing the ignoring won't see the quoted text.

Back