NY and WH discriminate against blind people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jilio could be a lesbian...

Sexism doesn't apply to just women, but also sexual orientation. ;)

:lol: true!

No one is accusing people of being racist because they aren't democrats. You continually try to make it seem that way when nothing is further from the truth. People are accused of being racist because they demonstrate racist attitudes. It has nothing to do with their political affiliation, as much as you would like to make it that way. But again, why bother with facts?

politics/religions/feelings/etc. are not reliable enough to be facts. I just don't believe that white democrats are less likely to be racist than white conservatives.

Well would you?

I was just asking that because racism is branded round so much. If you don't like Obama some people accuse you of being racist.

So what would you think of a black person who didn't like Obama?

They do exist you know.

I speak as I find. If I don't like a person I really couldn't care less what colour they are. I'd feel exactly the same as I do about Obama if he was white.

there you go! that's exactly how we judge Sarah Palin. sexist? no. white? no. We don't like her because of her belief and view.

:laugh2: kinda like me and my best friend. Nobody thought my best friend would be a black person until they saw the picture of us. same thing with my ex.

Yep. If you are not racist, you have no need to focus on race.

Well would you?

I was just asking that because racism is branded round so much. If you don't like Obama some people accuse you of being racist.

So what would you think of a black person who didn't like Obama?

They do exist you know.

I speak as I find. If I don't like a person I really couldn't care less what colour they are. I'd feel exactly the same as I do about Obama if he was white.

I dont accuse people of being sexist for not liking Sara Palin or Hillary Clinton.

Obviously, you don't know my ethnicity!:laugh2:

I am not the one bringing up skin color. I am simply responding to the posts of those that focus on it.
You're part black? Interesting. I always thought you were white with red hair, a green and black striped shirt, and a purple background. Shows what I know.

So a defense of "I have black friends" is proof of racism while a defense of "I have black ancestors" is not? OK...

I'm all European, so when someone says "darkdog, I think you're racist", what would you advise me to say? (other than "Of course I'm a racist. I oppose Congress' health care reform bill.")

politics/religions/feelings/etc. are not reliable enough to be facts. I just don't believe that white democrats are less likely to be racist than white conservatives.

Like I said, why bother with facts when you can ignore them and form an opinion based on inaccuracies?

You're part black? Interesting. I always thought you were white with red hair, a green and black striped shirt, and a purple background. Shows what I know.

So a defense of "I have black friends" is proof of racism while a defense of "I have black ancestors" is not? OK...

I'm all European, so when someone says "darkdog, I think you're racist", what would you advise me to say? (other than "Of course I'm a racist. I oppose Congress' health care reform bill.")

Of course not.

This is about people who constantly bring up people's skin colors when referring to them.

I think that's how the whole thing got started. Something about Democrats being racist in the old days and how they owe an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, dreama wasn't actually accusing anyone of sexism. She was relating phony cries of "racist!" to phony cries of "sexist!"

Oviously, you don't understand the wide variation found in the biracial population. Or other mitigating factors that apply to my case. However, there are several members of this board who are well aware, and got a laugh out of your statement, as well.

And I didn't use it as a defense. I used it to show how absurd your accusation was. See what happens when you rely on surface characteristics. You just assumed I was white, and attributed certain attitudes to me as if that were fact. And you were wrong on both counts.:laugh2:

Hmm... interesting theory. Because I think you hold racist attitudes. The fact that you keep attributing racist motives against people who have made no mention of race indicates to me that you are a racist. After all, why would you keep bringing up skin color if you weren't a racist?*

Response?

* This is just for the sake of argument. I don't actually mean that.

It is interesting because people who bring up charges or racism whenever criticisms are lobbed at, in these cases for example, black politicians (most notably Democrats) are the ones who are making the color differences. Rather than look at the criticisms themselves instead. Even Huffington surmised and said that when Wilson said, "You lie!" that he meant to say, "You lie, boy!" It isn't us discerning skin colors but the Liberals. To me, race isn't an issue but about the ability to get the job done regardless of who or what you are.

It is interesting because people who bring up charges or racism whenever criticisms are lobbed at, in these cases for example, black politicians (most notably Democrats) are the ones who are making the color differences. Rather than look at the criticisms themselves instead. Even Huffington surmised and said that when Wilson said, "You lie!" that he meant to say, "You lie, boy!" It isn't us discerning skin colors but the Liberals. To me, race isn't an issue but about the ability to get the job done regardless of who or what you are.

Problem is, you seem to have a problem discerning skin color as a sign of ethnicity. Show just how superficial your thinking is.:laugh2:

This is about people who constantly bring up people's skin colors when referring to them.
I recall this all started when people like Jimmy Carter and our own resident psychologist, jillio, said Obama's opponents are acting out of covert racism. In other words, the "covert racists" haven't mentioned race in their criticism (otherwise they would be among the overt racists). The first ones to bring it up are people like jillio. I'm trying to figure out the logic, although I have a feeling I'm probably foolish for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back