Nose blowing a week after surgery

Ruminator

Reaction score
Anyone ever had to sneeze or blow your nose within a week or two after CI surgery? My surgery was a week ago, and I just blew my nose, meaning to do so very softly; however, I probably blew somewhat more forcefully than intended. Yes I know they say <i>not</i> to blow your nose for three weeks, and I've been really good about it... 'til today. As soon as I blew my nose, I felt a strange sensation deep within the implanted ear, as if something shifted, and I'm still feeling it. It's probably nothing to worry about, but darn it, I wish I hadn't done that.

Go away, odd sensation!

Fortunately I've not had to sneeze.

Ooooooo! that would have really hurt!!

Speaking of sneezes, - even though we haven't had CI ... my hubby gets very violet sneezes! it downright hurtful for him to have between 5-13 sneezes in a row and that's painful! Not to mention, embarrassing especially in public ... I just walk away from him, pretending I'm not with him. :whistle:

Anyway, do hope your CI has not been affected by your nose-blowing and it's still intact.

Ruminator,

Probably no harm done, but I would call your doctor if you are concerned. The week after surgery, your ear is still recovering. I remember having this annoying dripping feeling that made feel like something was leaking and sometimes sharp pains but they all went about 2-3 weeks post surgery.

Ozzie - nice to see another Ozzie on AD! :)

Thanks R2D2! I'm working my way around the threads .... very interesting and it's fun!

Back