No female holiday??

javapride said:
DUHHHHHHH empress did u have a blonde moment???? we have mother's day!
Psssssst! me thinks Empress is black so she aint a blonde but she coulda bleached her hair blonde...LOL!
just kiddin around..... :whistle:

Just in case if you cannot remember
Who is Juliette Gordon Low ?

She was a deaf woman who founded Girl Scouts....

I'm talking about when people have day off on those male holiday...

Everybody have to work on Mother's Day...

And plus I am not a mother.

I'm talking about when people have day off on those male holiday...

Everybody have to work on Mother's Day...

And plus I am not a mother.

Good point there. Never thought of that. Why arent we off on those days that honors women?

Honor Susan B. Anthony?
What about Rosa Parks
and many others?

I know it only happens once every 4 years, cause that day only comes once every 4 years. Saddie Hawken's Day, or dance, that is Feb. 29th, If I remember right. That the day that women, back in the older day, where allowed to ask men out.

Let's not forget maturnity leave!

America doesn't have the best maternity leave for women. usually that only considers of a 2-weeks to a month of paid leave. So when should you start your leave-- the VERY day you are giving birth so you can attend to the newborn for just a few weeks before dropping it off to a daycare with bottles of formulas?

Now, let's compare that to Europe-- Sweden has a two-year of maternaity leave.

So, America is still a misogynist country.

We have Columbus day, Martin Luther King Jr day, St. Patrick's Day, and everything...

But no female holiday??? Why?

What we women need to do to have a holiday??? Get Hilary Clinton to become first female President???

We have veterans day, that includes woman, mothers day, grandparents day, Memorial day was actually started by women, National womens history month, Womens equality day, International womens day, there are plenty of holidays that are inclusive to women and some that are exclusively for women. You just have to look.

America doesn't have the best maternity leave for women. usually that only considers of a 2-weeks to a month of paid leave. So when should you start your leave-- the VERY day you are giving birth so you can attend to the newborn for just a few weeks before dropping it off to a daycare with bottles of formulas?

Now, let's compare that to Europe-- Sweden has a two-year of maternaity leave.

So, America is still a misogynist country.

2 years paid maternity leave? If so, I am MOVING to Sweden! LOL! Yea, I took 2 months off for maternity leave but without pay cuz I didnt accumulate enough paid sick leave. Sucks cuz it left me big time broke.

Mothers Day requires you to be a mother. Not all women are mothers!

So, Empress has a point. Where's a holiday that celebrates being a woman.

But again, think about it, I don't think we have a holiday that celebrates being a male!

Jeff

She may needs to transsexuality a male. It might make her more happier. :afro:

Hey Doesn't forget that Many Women work

Secretary Day!! :):):)

She has a point here.

We have Martin Luther King, Pres Washington, Pres Lincolin, but we do not have any famous female holiday.

What about Rosa Park? We should create holiday to honor her just alike those men we honor.

by holiday do you strictly mean "a day off work" ? or do you mean a day that celebrates/recognizes/is a memorial of a female?

provided you aren't meaning "day off work" there are many many many days commemorating woman.

Back