Newly deaf and need help!

Antz`Willz

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Anthony from London England :)
I was recently made deaf through an accident that occurred :/ so I'm trying to get to grip with everything.
Am I the only person from London on here?

Hi there,

I'm Anthony from London England :)
I was recently made deaf through an accident that occurred :/ so I'm trying to get to grip with everything.
Am I the only person from London on here?

:welcome: I don't know, there may be others from London. Sorry about your accident, hope you are able to accept your deafness and move on.

Join the discussion here after looking through the various threads, you will learn a lot.

welcome!! I am from England, but not London! Hope you find what support you need on here. when you have enough posts feel free to inbox me?

Hi ! My grandmother was from London so I guess I have a drop in me.
I am sorry to hear about your accident , were you in an auto accident ?

Hi ! My grandmother was from London so I guess I have a drop in me.

I am sorry to hear about your accident , were you in an auto accident ?

Well no one has to be from London just in England, nope It was from a head trauma. I passed out and smashed my head which led to a small brain haemorrhage and stuff.

Well no one has to be from London just in England, nope It was from a head trauma. I passed out and smashed my head which led to a small brain haemorrhage and stuff.

My car was T boned and my head hit something in my car , I think the steering wheel and I was knocked out cold. Right after that happen I thought my hearing aids were broken from the accident b/c I could not hear the same. I had a hearing test and I lost 5 % more hearing from the accident . This was 1995 and my head still hurt today. Sorry to hear you had this happen too , head trauma is no fun.

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, your right head traumas are no fun and they do bring a lot of complications as well not only did my hearing go, I cut open my forehead and my lip was cut wide open needed stitches and lastly I got a small brain haemorrhage but what can you do eh? Just be strong and soldier through it get on with life am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, your right head traumas are no fun and they do bring a lot of complications as well not only did my hearing go, I cut open my forehead and my lip was cut wide open needed stitches and lastly I got a small brain haemorrhage but what can you do eh? Just be strong and soldier through it get on with life am I right?

Wow you got hurt a lot worst than I did , I got hit on the right side of my forehead and the impact was strong both my hearing aids popped out of my ears and landed on the backseat floor. You're lucky you can still walk , I had a client that was walking at a fast pace and he fell on the sidewalk and hit his
head on the curb and ended up paralyzed from the neck down. Yes you have soldier, does the cold bother you more now ? it does with me , it kills my head and I can't stay outside as long anymore. Are you learning BSL ?

I would think, if anything, he'd be learning BSL.....

Sounds a lot more worse than it is, but listen to me a head trauma is a head trauma no matter bad it was I say all head trauma's are bad full stop. Like you said I'm lucky that I can still walk.

Wow and that paralysed him? Wow in that case I'm quite lucky to be alive.

And yes trousi your right it is BSL not ASL.

I'm trying to learn BSL it is sooooo bloody difficult damn.

Sounds a lot more worse than it is, but listen to me a head trauma is a head trauma no matter bad it was I say all head trauma's are bad full stop. Like you said I'm lucky that I can still walk.

Wow and that paralysed him? Wow in that case I'm quite lucky to be alive.

And yes trousi your right it is BSL not ASL.

I'm trying to learn BSL it is sooooo bloody difficult damn.

Yeah , the guy was very active, he was an older man but his was in good shape . He sadly feel in a very bad way , I was really :shock: when I heard why he could not move anymore. I had to give him a sponge bath and that meant I had to left his arms and legs and believe dead weight is very heavy . Are you taking classes to learn BSL ? I said ASL b/c I forgot you lived in London. My clients told me not to get old , I wish I had listen to them. :giggle:

Oh my that is really sad to hear :/
It must've been incredibly hard for him bless and here I am moaning about how hard it is to learn BSL.

Nope classes here in England are very few & far between so I'm trying to look for something online but not found anything yet so I'm lip reading at the moment. Only The very hearing are open or care about the deaf which is a shame but that's the type of world we live in now.

Bottesini your awesome!! If I was around you I'll give you a big kiss hahahaha but thank you very much that's a great help

Thanks alderez that's very kind of you :)

Bottesini your awesome!! If I was around you I'll give you a big kiss hahahaha but thank you very much that's a great help

Thanks alderez that's very kind of you :)

You are quite welcome.

Oh my that is really sad to hear :/
It must've been incredibly hard for him bless and here I am moaning about how hard it is to learn BSL.

Nope classes here in England are very few & far between so I'm trying to look for something online but not found anything yet so I'm lip reading at the moment. Only The very hearing are open or care about the deaf which is a shame but that's the type of world we live in now.

That's right...even Deaf ed is not very pro BSL... I wish you a lot of luck....Also my advice... Look into BSL (which is a lot of fun) but also look into other stuff for late deafened people too. You may find all that helpful.

Yes exactly

Yeah I will try that thank you very much

Back