New Years resolution

abillock

Reaction score
Anyone have their New Years resolutions in mind yet?

no offense but new year's resolution is an american superstition phenomenon that should've been rid of a long time ago. it is lame and it does not work.

no offense but new year's resolution is an american superstition phenomenon that should've been rid of a long time ago. it is lame and it does not work.

Its not a superstition. Its a tradition.

Anyone have their New Years resolutions in mind yet?

I personally don't make New Year's resolutions, because I find it is more effective to make changes because they need to be made and because I am ready to make the effort rather than just because it is a new year. After all, every day is a new day, so change can happen anytime. JMO.

I personally don't make New Year's resolutions, because I find it is more effective to make changes because they need to be made and because I am ready to make the effort rather than just because it is a new year. After all, every day is a new day, so change can happen anytime. JMO.

I agree. It's all about going with the flow because things happens when you don't expect it. You just got to improvise and hope for the best as well. :)

it's a superstitious tradition. as if people actually believe it works.

No, its not. It is not based on superstition, but on the concepts of a new year being a new beginning, and therefore a time to initiate change. Not because people believe that a resolution made for New Year's will magically come true just because it was made on New Year's. Throwing spilled salt over your shoulder is an action based on superstition. Making a resolution on New Years is a tradition. It si not done because of a superstious belief that it will come true, but because the new year is a new beginning.

Its like having a cake for yor birthday. Tradition based on the specific time of year.

There are certain areas of the U.S. where certain foods are traditionally eaten on New Year's day. In Ohio it is pork and sauerkraut, in the South it is black-eyed peas. Now that is a tradition based on superstition, the superstition being that eating these foods will bring good luck in the year to come. That is an example of a tradition based on superstition. Howeve, making a resolution does not fall intothis category, because there is no bad consequence believed to happen of one doesn't make the resolution.

:gpost:

I don't make resolutions, but they are a good idea if you want to change.

For 2008 I think about running a marathon. Some days I run 10 miles, but I am slow and a marathon is 26.2 miles. Probably this is too much work and time, but who knows? New goals are good, New Year's or other times. :)

Stop eating dinner and drink smoothies instead, continue my exercise routine that I started a month ago, and lower my debt some more.

Stop eating dinner and drink smoothies instead, continue my exercise routine that I started a month ago, and lower my debt some more.

Stop eating dinner?? lol well once you are on smoothies till the weight you want to be then if you eat normally again you'll gain it back double.... simple put, is have small portions and excerise you'll be just fine... WIsh you all the best of luck!!

I don't have any resolutions for 2008 cause I never keep them lol.. as Jolie says, go with the flow... ditto on that..

Stop eating dinner?? lol well once you are on smoothies till the weight you want to be then if you eat normally again you'll gain it back double.... simple put, is have small portions and excerise you'll be just fine... WIsh you all the best of luck!!

I eat dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. I will do this forever! LOL! I love the smoothies at night and it feels good not being super full at night..

go back to the dietitian and follow the rules she gives me this time and get my right knee replacement like the doctor told me I need to do too. I am only 32 and getting a knee replacement. at least it will be titanium so it will last.

Don't really have a New Year resolution.

All I want is 2008 to be a good year
And that I'll lose all the unnecessary pounds and I will achieve this, no worries.

Don't really have a New Year resolution.

All I want is 2008 to be a good year
And that I'll lose all the unnecessary pounds and I will achieve this, no worries.

Do you wear HAs or have a CI? What I plan on doing is to turn on the dance music channel and turn the volume on so I can dance to it. Just danced to it for 45 mins. My legs are shaking now...LOL! I will make a goal to do that for at least 30 mins 5 times a week. When I used to go clubbing every weekend with my friends from Gallaudet, I lost so much wieight. Maybe u can do that but if no HAs or CIs, then maybe buy 3 boom box and boom the hell out of your place. LOL!

i dont have a any...except for a hope of a good year ahead of me and my wife.

i dont have a any...except for a hope of a good year ahead of me and my wife.

*off-topic*

Psstt..dude, you have one resolution for the upcoming new year...guess what that is--hmm??

*drum rolls*

..and it is...to get your 1,000th post made in 2008. :lol:

:D
~RR

Back