new with questions

Danni888

Reaction score
hi everyone... my name is Danielle, im 18 and i am not hearing impared, but i am teaching myself to sign. I was wondering if anyone had ny advice or just some words of encouragement. I am very excited about learning and hopefully my endevor will be a success. cant wait to get to know everyone!
:ty:
--Danni

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! With learning, each is bound to make a few mistakes, in doing so, that's okkkk-- ;) Having patience and the desire to interact with others using ASL (American Sign Language) and once again, knowing a few signs as well as being able to fingerspell is a great way to start out. In the meantime, enjoy learning it and hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD-- :)

:wave:
~RR

thanks... i ot my finger spelling down when i was a kid. i was inspired when i saw the miracle worker. unfortunately i dont know anyone else who knows how to sign so hopefully i dont accidentally offend someone one day in conversation.:fingersx: right now i'm learning he signs for differnt animals... im enjoying it quite a bit.

That's great...and even greater that you already know how to fingerspell...and once again, to 'enjoy' doing it is one of the 'keys' to successfully sign with others while you're learning. Just keep it up! ;)

~RR

Welcome to AllDeaf!

It's nice to see someone who have such a motivation to learn sign language. Sign language, no matter where it is from, is a very beautiful language. You could take ASL beginner classes or meet people outside your hearing world. Hey, maybe you can look up online about the deaf social meets and learn so much about ASL from the best teachers, who are the deaf people.

Once again, good luck in your journey in learning more about sign language!

OR you can do it on line good program ASLPro.com Home
check out that says ASL "QuizMe! Everyday Signs"
OR
"Fingerspell QuizMe" it has " basic to expert" Good Luck and it's nice to meet you ! : )

Hello!
Wishing you lots of fun learning signing. It can be really lots of fun!
After teaching my son (young age) the alphabet, he got bored so
I turned on the music and he can sign songs. Just about every song
has everyday words in them.
Good luck!
Suzi

oh yea. I use ASL pro and I love it. Some of the phrases are kind of hard but I'm starting with simple stuff like animals and colors

Welcome! Good luck with your efforts to learn ASL. Its always encouraging to see someone take an interest in the language.

Back