New Website - Feedback Please

cfcd

Reaction score
I have just completed a website for the Crusselle Freeman Deaf Church in South Atlanta. Complete with a forum, calander of events, games, news etc.

http://www.crussellefreeman.com

Can you all let me know what you think? Would appreciate any suggestions and/or comments.

:ily:
CFCD

not good idea to have quicktime and java (scroll news) at the same time, it make much slow for me to pull the scroll bar to look down.

At least, you have good visual communication. It's very simple, but need better artwork to give good feel, something professional.

Menus need to improve better, it's not necessary to have three different groups, should be together or either change better heart icon to make "fit" together in one long menus, supposly, it would look lot better.

This sites have full of information, make look sort of, not accept for me to click for more and more. That give me a loss interest. :|

I would have to agree with illustrator, lose the scrolling (java) thingy. Tho, It may not be that bad if you eliminate the animated graphic (WOW). Overall, I think everything looks pretty good.

Flux

uhhhhh---

Your website that what I agreed with Illustrator said. First of all, what purpose you using that too many heart icons, java and seem not correct section for language codes. For exampe, your source codes are too meanies to browser read all those languages and hard working. Why not set one group for javascript, CSS, and HTML to be easier for browser? Beside, get rid of that silly:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::: Website Designed and Developed by: Byron & Valerie Burgess ::::
:::: All code is copyrighten, you are not authorize to use any ::::
:::: code in part or in full without the express writen ::::
:::: approval by Byron and/or Valerie Burgess prior to use. ::::
:::: Date: 05/27/2003 ::::
:::: Copyright 2003 ::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Also.. the table design doesn't look right to me at all because should be equal and looks better instead leave this mess. Also I have notice that you are using link from outside and link into this website aren't you?? The video.. it loading too long, you should made small text message and have little picture to see more animation or clip movie for visitor enable click and open the new small browser. So that way won't bore to stare at their monitor, if they are using dail up. Beside that your website can or possible crash the visitor's computer and might not come back due too much confusing for their slow computer due not upgrading or something. Not need to put copyright for language because you didn't investing the browser programmar unless if you create your own program for loading language for website handle that information then that different. I better stop because I don't want sound too picky on your website.. :type:

Well done! I know how much work it takes to do websites. Since you asked for feedback, and I thought the guys gave some good feedback - I totally hated it when I was told to get a plugin. Grr... I do not have Quicktime, but I use Windows Media.

You have to keep everyone in mind and what works with all, instead of focusing on a more specific group who has java or any sort of plugin. Consider what audience you are seeking to reach. It's not likely to me that the kind of audience targeted for that homepage is the kind who are savvy with computers. Maybe they are, but the more concerned you are with software compability - the more chance your website has of reaching everyone.

Having java might make someone's browser crash, and that person will not appreciate it very much. LOL It's all in the speed and visibility that count for web pages in the long run. Where's the logo, though? Hehe

Otherwise, great job and it's obvious to me that you spent a lot of time and effort in creating this homepage. :thumb:

The webpage looks nice. However, the mini-hearts icons is a bit annoying since it's repetitive and you're better off with just the text instead of icons. As for that little video on the upper-left corner, you would do better if you converted that into an animated GIF instead. Not everyone has Quicktime plugins in their computer. Another thing is the WOW scrolling thing on the right. If it was text only, it would look bet. It gets a bit annoying to see a bunch of spinning WOWs instead.

Back