New UK Deaf film released on internet!

chjswinbourne

Reaction score
Hi all!

Greetings from the UK!

I wanted to let you know about our new 16 minute Deaf film showcasing British Sign Language and the humour and expression of people here.

The comedy film is called 'Four Deaf Yorkshiremen and the Missing Wife' and it's a sequel to an earlier film.

The first film had 83,000 views on YouTube (and counting!) and the second has 5000 views in a week - which is great!

As with the first film, it's now on the internet, in full, for all to see! So please pass on this email to anyone you think would like to see it -

The best place to view it is via Vimeo, a video sharing site similar to YouTube:

Four Deaf Yorkshiremen and the Missing Wife on Vimeo

You can also see it on YouTube in two parts -

(please make sure you are watching it in high quality with a clear image!)

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mzi8mCKdb4&fmt=18]YouTube - (Part One) Four Deaf Yorkshiremen and the Missing Wife[/ame]

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KULDqQwnEJQ&fmt=18]YouTube - (Part 2) Four Deaf Yorkshiremen and the Missing Wife[/ame]

More info on the film below - thanks and hope you enjoy watching it!

The story - this is the sequel to the first 'Four Deaf Yorkshiremen' film - and this time it's not their families these four grumpy deaf men are arguing over, but the women they've loved and lost!

The team - written and directed by Charlie Swinbourne, the film was made with the support of Remark! Production and again stars John Smith, Matt Kirby, Jonathan Reid and Ilan Dwek, aiming to show off the full humour and expression of sign language.

The signs - stories include a first kiss behind a deaf club that goes horribly wrong, a honeymoon that turns to tragedy, and a wedding rudely interrupted...

The music - this time there's a welcome addition for non-deaf or hard of hearing people - a soundtrack composed by Steven Brown, specially designed to be not unlike an age-old silent movie.

The support! - if people would like to buy a DVD to support the next film in the series, just email fourdeafyorkshiremen@gmail.com

Hope you enjoyed it!

Cheers

Charlie

Ha i thought one of the guys was talking about the "kiss of deaf" for a minute, from the other thread, lol

I can't believe I watched the whole thing. I thought it was pretty funny!

Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Thanks - appreciate it! We're also doing versions with Chinese and Italian subtitles, so hopefully we can spread the film into other countries - it was quite low budget and filmed in one day but it does show off a bit of the British Deaf humour!

Cheers
Charlie

Thanks - appreciate it! We're also doing versions with Chinese and Italian subtitles, so hopefully we can spread the film into other countries - it was quite low budget and filmed in one day but it does show off a bit of the British Deaf humour!

Cheers
Charlie

I watched both video clips yesterday and I actually enjoyed it! I also did get to watch the first film about the 4 Yorkshiremen which I also thought was funny too.

It was also interesting to see the BSL being implemented in this which also made a difference. :)

Wow! That's very unusual and interesting movie. I like it. It seems that it is a true story. Great job!

Back