New to site

TeacherK8

Reaction score
Hello All!

I am a hearing person who has been involved in the D/deaf community in my area on and off since I was a child. I have been consistently involved in my local deaf community for the past 4 years.

I am proficient in ASL and I am actually going to be teaching a beginning ASL course at a local high school. I also currently work with disabled deaf adults, to help provide them with as much support while living independently in the community.

I hope to make some friends here, and share ideas with people here.

Hello All!

I am a hearing person who has been involved in the D/deaf community in my area on and off since I was a child. I have been consistently involved in my local deaf community for the past 4 years.

I am proficient in ASL and I am actually going to be teaching a beginning ASL course at a local high school. I also currently work with disabled deaf adults, to help provide them with as much support while living independently in the community.

I hope you mean disabled Deaf adults as in with an additional disability, and not disabled as is disabled because they're Deaf.... :hmm:

Hello All!

Very awesome of you. I didn't appreciate the hearing teachers as much as I should've when I was younger, but I definitely respect and admire them today for working with and supporting deaf/HI students. Remember that if you meet some kid who is disrespectful and rowdy in your class. That kid was once me!

I hope you mean disabled Deaf adults as in with an additional disability, and not disabled as is disabled because they're Deaf.... :hmm:

OF COURSE thats what I mean!

The clients I have are deaf not Deaf, and they have intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as health problems.

Back