new to all deaf and just wanted to say hello

HearingGirl1093

Reaction score
hello everyone, im not really good at this introduction stuff but ill try well im an asl student now with hopes of becoming an interpreter in the future im wanting to meet new people and hopefully learn more about the deaf community and culture than i can in any classroom... i kno a little asl now enough to hold a conversation but i would like to be fluent in the beautiful language and meet new friends im in my second semester of asl and taking deaf culture...

Hey i want the same thing as you! ASL has become like a passion for me. I love it:)
Nice to meet you!

hello everyone, im not really good at this introduction stuff but ill try well im an asl student now with hopes of becoming an interpreter in the future im wanting to meet new people and hopefully learn more about the deaf community and culture than i can in any classroom... i kno a little asl now enough to hold a conversation but i would like to be fluent in the beautiful language and meet new friends im in my second semester of asl and taking deaf culture...

We have a lot of Florida members. They can probably direct you to several deaf events there so you can get involved in the culture. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Nice to you. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

A misunderstanding....

Sorry about the missing word in the quote. Nice to ____ you when I actually meant to say Nice to meet you. I did not catch it but you did. It happen often when we do typos. No one is perfect in typing the words. :lol:

Hi bebonang!:wave: there's a mistake. Supposedly, I'm going to say that"you still think that being deaf is amazing? wow. that's good. me, I was not born deaf so I enjoyed and heard the world. I did not know tht I'm going to be deaf just like Beethoven(i like his music a lot). But it's alright, life is still amazing." But I noticed the missing word in the quote but did not mind it. So sorry about that. :aw:

Yes, being deaf is amazing for me as I was born deaf. I always see hearing people cringe when there were loud noises outside or at the rock concert or at powwow where the native drummers drum the loudest. They would be deaf for a little while. I don't know how they put up with the noise pollutions around themselves. It just puzzle me. (scratching my head)

Hi Hearinggirl,

Your first indtroduction post was an excellent. But the most important thing is don't take an advantage from d/Deaf people especially Deaf gentlemen. :) Dang, I know about Tampa Bay Deaf events but I always missed them at everytime I was in town since 2001 at the time I had googled deaf events in Tampa Bay/Clearwater area (I have been visiting Fla once in a while since 1986.) My cousins, uncle and aunt live in Clearwater, Largo, Newport Richey, St. Petersburg, and Tampa area. Last time I visited was in 2008 for my aunt's funreal. The only deaf event in Fla I had been to was in Tallahassee where my Deaf friend lived.

Hi Hearinggirl,

Your first indtroduction post was an excellent. But the most important thing is don't take an advantage from d/Deaf people especially Deaf gentlemen. :) Dang, I know about Tampa Bay Deaf events but I always missed them at everytime I was in town since 2001 at the time I had googled deaf events in Tampa Bay/Clearwater area (I have been visiting Fla once in a while since 1986.) My cousins, uncle and aunt live in Clearwater, Largo, Newport Richey, St. Petersburg, and Tampa area. Last time I visited was in 2008 for my aunt's funreal. The only deaf event in Fla I had been to was in Tallahassee where my Deaf friend lived.

I know of a few times and places where some really awesome people meet up at malls, starbucks, bowling alleys, etc. i just feel that no matter what i do its not enough im not getting enough knowlegde like i have this burning passion for the language and culture and cant get enough... and i would never take advantage... EVER

Hey welcome to AllDeaf! I'm hearing as well, although I havent taken any ASL classes yet (its all been self taught) I LOVE the language and like you I can't seem to be satisfied with the information. Hope to see you around the forums =)

Back