New PCs for Sale from Walmart $498 ?!?!?!?

Neo said:
No, Memory ram is not important for gamer.
There is more than that.

Video card, cpu, and RAM.

Memory ram can be important for gamers too. You would not be able to play some hardcore game like HALO2 on your PC if you have 64MB of RAM. Duh?

Bryan said:
eMachine is 3x better than Dell.

that gave me the goosebumps... i disagree that yet emachine is allright, but it is acceptable entry-level system for those people who can afford. it runs allright.

Bryan said:
Memory ram can be important for gamers too. You would not be able to play some hardcore game like HALO2 on your PC if you have 64MB of RAM. Duh?

Hmm Re-read again. You dont understand what I talk about it.

deafclimber said:
that gave me the goosebumps... i disagree that yet emachine is allright, but it is acceptable entry-level system for those people who can afford. it runs allright.

Right. I noticed eMachines system is not really powerful for gamer and video edit.

If you read in consumer reports book. Apple ranks the best rating in customer sastification, higher than any PC. Though, it's up to Y to pick what she wants.

sequoias said:
If you read in consumer reports book. Apple ranks the best rating in customer sastification, higher than any PC. Though, it's up to Y to pick what she wants.

Consumer reports rock!

I am happy with my Subaru RS 2001, Eos 20d, and Nokia. Thank to Consumer reports.

Neo said:
Consumer reports rock!

I am happy with my Subaru RS 2001, Eos 20d, and Nokia. Thank to Consumer reports.

Yea! Consumer Reports rocks in my book, too! The T-mobile Sidekick 2 rated great in Consumer Reports, too!

Buy computer from popular brand always give the trouble. Why? There are too many pre-install software that give too many start-up which cause long-term loading. More like they're trick on you to buy more and more RAM as it getting hungry for memory.

It's the reason for advance people who prefer have their own customize computer that would reduce speed on start-up task and less trouble when you find right hardware.

I have comment on eMachine. I find a minor problem with friend's new brand eMachine, I find is sight improve than few years ago.

EDGE said:
Buy computer from popular brand always give the trouble. Why? There are too many pre-install software that give too many start-up which cause long-term loading. More like they're trick on you to buy more and more RAM as it getting hungry for memory.

It's the reason for advance people who prefer have their own customize computer that would reduce speed on start-up task and less trouble when you find right hardware.

I have comment on eMachine. I find a minor problem with friend's new brand eMachine, I find is sight improve than few years ago.

First of all, explain the problem you found on your friend's "brand new eMachine"

Second of all, it is not that hard to go msconfig and disable all startup programs.

Thrid, not that hard to uninstall programs too.

I think I have heard about eMachine computer. A few years ago, the eMachine Company was sued for infringed copyright or something.

I think that you might like this Mac mini 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 for $499. You could hook up with a compatible IBM LCD monitor.

Or, you might prefer iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo for $1,299.00. I haven't read about the Intel because it is new to me.

Whatever you decide. Wish you a good luck.

(iMac Intel Core Duo):
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...2HXIIa91vxx1Ebp/0.SLID?nclm=iMac&mco=DD2F223D

VamPyroX said:
:werd:

I don't trust e-Machines. A lot of my friends who bought e-Machines have always had problems with them. One of them could sign on AOL, but couldn't sign off. Another had problems with the desktop.

DELL is better. :thumb:

Yes, that's what I told my dad about Emachines. He bought it four years ago...it is slower now. I was very glad that I did not buy a E-machines computer.

However, I understand that Y is planning to purchase a computer for her parents, it is her decision, not ours.

if you know how to build a computer and it will save you a bunch of money instead of spending too much on the computers from stores, stores get benfitis.

I have custom build computer and it's runs better and its balance right instead of what store had install programs that you never use and it's wasted.

if you don't have any friend who know how to build one and know what you needs for your home personal computer, then store will do get you a cheaper like u said E-machine or Compaq or basic dell computers that would give u a simple and easy.

I have emachines and it runs just great and I had emachines for long time too. I didn't complain much about emachines.. I dont care if emachines suck, all i care it runs and is working properly just fine and smooth.

webexplorer said:
I think I have heard about eMachine computer. A few years ago, the eMachine Company was sued for infringed copyright or something.

I think that you might like this Mac mini 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 for $499. You could hook up with a compatible IBM LCD monitor.

Or, you might prefer iMac 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo for $1,299.00. I haven't read about the Intel because it is new to me.

Whatever you decide. Wish you a good luck.

(iMac Intel Core Duo):
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...2HXIIa91vxx1Ebp/0.SLID?nclm=iMac&mco=DD2F223D

Sorry Your session has timed out after a period of inactivity. Please return to the Store Menu to continue shopping.

Fix a link please.

Have I mentioned Ram of Momery for Gamer???

Neo said:
No, Memory ram is not important for gamer.
There is more than that.

Video card, cpu, and RAM.
:::SCRATCH HEADS::: What?? Have I mentioned about Memory rams for gamer?? I don't know what you are talking about.. because you talk to the wrong person...

Video card and cpu?? you know what? CPU is not important. depend on video card people like to viewing specific program like photographic, gaming, word process with quailty graphic screen... my advice for everyone: better loooking at ram of memory can upgradable for eventually instead of CPU speed, because CPU is nothing meaning to you for rest!

RAM of Memory is MOST IMPORTANT KEY for everyone.. for instance, low ram as 32 mb can't read the whole data file of program software in same time as like low minded people can't read book quickly and compherend (sp) in sametime.. 32 mb of rams like 56k speed. Best mb is 512 mb to 1 gb of memory in their computer or laptop system can read and load program and internet quickly an d smooth.. it won't give freeze your computer nor crashe your pc system.. NO BSING! thanks...

XBGMER said:
:::SCRATCH HEADS::: What?? Have I mentioned about Memory rams for gamer?? I don't know what you are talking about.. because you talk to the wrong person...

Video card and cpu?? you know what? CPU is not important. depend on video card people like to viewing specific program like photographic, gaming, word process with quailty graphic screen... my advice for everyone: better loooking at ram of memory can upgradable for eventually instead of CPU speed, because CPU is nothing meaning to you for rest!

RAM of Memory is MOST IMPORTANT KEY for everyone.. for instance, low ram as 32 mb can't read the whole data file of program software in same time as like low minded people can't read book quickly and compherend (sp) in sametime.. 32 mb of rams like 56k speed. Best mb is 512 mb to 1 gb of memory in their computer or laptop system can read and load program and internet quickly an d smooth.. it won't give freeze your computer nor crashe your pc system.. NO BSING! thanks...

CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel
Video card: 16mb
RAM:2GB RAM

Would it run smooth for gamer?

Generally speaking, more RAM...the better computer functions with heavy tasks like Photoshop, 3-D rendering, video editing.

A powerful video card AND plenty of RAM helps to speed up fps (frames per second) in 3-D games. Also, processor speed also helps, too.

A basic computer user only needs min of 256 MB or more for basic web surfing, e-mails, word processing.

I have 512 MB of RAM with a 733 MHz processor (megahertz doesn't mean anything) the processor and articecture matters the most
also have a ATI Radeon 9800 with 128 MB VRAM

sequoias said:
Generally speaking, more RAM...the better computer functions with heavy tasks like Photoshop, 3-D rendering, video editing.

A powerful video card AND plenty of RAM helps to speed up fps (frames per second) in 3-D games. Also, processor speed also helps, too.

A basic computer user only needs min of 256 MB or more for basic web surfing, e-mails, word processing.

I have 512 MB of RAM with a 733 MHz processor (megahertz doesn't mean anything) the processor and articecture matters the most
also have a ATI Radeon 9800 with 128 MB VRAM

Correct. I have to wait till he said something. Oh geez.

I noticed RAM speed up for graphic art, video edit, and burner from 1GB to 2GB. Gamer is very very little speed up like 10-15FPS more at CS:S

CPU and video card take lot speed up for gamer.

If you want faster for video edit then get high speed hdd like 16MB caches or 10,000 rpm.

If you want faster for graphic art then get highest RAM.

If you want faster for gamer then get best video card and CPU.

Test RAM:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/13/how_much_ram_do_you_really_need/page6.html

Test CPU:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/11/21/the_mother_of_all_cpu_charts_2005/page24.html

Test Video:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/02/vga_charts_viii/page11.html

That's point Y's parents dont need spend over $1k as powerful for silly email and internet.

CPU 600mhz and RAM 256mb can run smooth for internet with flash and email.

BTW I built first computer when I was 16 in 1997.

Back