New Member needs your advise

nemar

Reaction score
Hello, I just joined today. I have a profound hearing loss from childhood. I can't sign, but, I think it might be something to look into since I am retired and need new mental challenges.

I have been searching for information regarding cell phones on the internet and stumbled upon this forum. Very nice, by the way. I have been reading about the Blackberry and the possibility of using the Sprint relay, but everything is so confusing for me.

The only experience I have had with a relay is thru the state relays services. Can the Blackberry be used in the same way as I do thru the state relay? I will listen to anything any of you can tell me.

I am sure the relay works on the Blackberry even though I have never had one. Might want to wait for an answer from a Blackberry user. I use a tmobile SK2 and I make relay calls from it often when I am not at home. It helps a lot! :)

BTW :welcome: to AD!

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! By now, I'm sure you'll be able to find answers for your inquiry in some of the other threads here in AD. Also, hope you'll enjoy your stay here as well. ;)

:wave:
~RR

I'm sure it can. What you need is a program that does online relay.

My Sidekick 3 has a couple programs... IP-Relay and i711 Relay.

BTW... Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

:welcome: I use SidekickII (SK2) and it has several relay programs in it. I also use AIM to call Relay as well. So there are many different choices you can use to call through relay to talk with your hearing friends/families. :) I am sure blackberry has the same thing.

Again, :welcome: and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay... I'm deaf myself and I do use IP-Relay service on my blackberry when I am not nearby Videophone.

As for me, I don't use i711-relay, because when I use it the singnal gets weak in area wherever I use my SK2.

Now with AIM I use add SIPRELAY on my buddy list and it's lot easier to get through with that same as you chat with your friends on AIM. That one is a lot easier for me than with i711Relay. That is just my opinion and everyone else is entitle for their own opinion *smile*

Back