New member from Atlanta

BTuckerwrites

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself to this forum, which I've known about for a while but haven't bothered to join until recently...lol.

I live in Atlanta, GA, although I was born and raised in North Carolina, and lived in Florida for a number of years, back when I had a job as an urban planner. Since then, I've become self-employed, doing everything from home inspection to graphic design to carpentry / home remodeling.

More recently, I've been trying my hand at fiction writing, which is something I've always enjoyed doing, but just haven't gotten around to do anything with it until recently. I decided to write a book since I was having too much difficulty communicating with people in public due to my hearing loss worsening, and I now have a book self-published on Amazon. :D It's done better than I thought, but I've had a lot of help in promoting it, so we'll see how it does in the future.

I hope I can inspire others on here to go after their dreams, whatever they may be. I've long ago given up on being able to work a traditional job, but it's nice there are other things I can do and be good at them, such as writing fiction.

I may break down and get a CI, but I'm not ready for one yet, since I can still make use of my BTEs. I don't sign, since I was put on the "speech" track as a child, but I'd love to learn, and plan on doing so at some point.

Looking forward to hanging out with this awesome group of people on Alldeaf. :wave:

hi and welcome! ah... i'm no us citizen , but I am the true original deaf d.o.c. ("Controlled designation of origin") :D

Back