New Jersey Trying To Make Drinking Coffee Illegal & Water While Driving

WOW ! I drink water at a red traffic light , I hope this doesn't happen in my state. What next blowing your nose will be illegal too
b/c it has nothing to do with driving.

WOW ! I drink water at a red traffic light , I hope this doesn't happen in my state. What next blowing your nose will be illegal too
b/c it has nothing to do with driving.

Well if blowing your nose distracts you from driving then yes. And it does.. Anything can distract you from driving. It said nothing about drinking anything at a stop light- of which I do all the time. Easier than fumbling for the bottle/can. It also noted "personal grooming" like shaving and putting on makeup- those two I'm sure they'll pay far more attention to than drinking coffee and water since police, I am betting, do that all the time anyway themselves while on duty.

Don't forget not to sneeze either. ;)

Omg! This is ridiculous. I drink monster energy drink to stay awake while driving for two or more hours.

Weird... there's so many other distractions from driving that are wayyy more dangerous than drinking (non-alcohol, that is). I wonder if this applies to truckers too... if so, that's really stupid. People drinking water/coffee is not the main cause of distracted driving and the subsequent accidents. Psshhh! Losing your license over coffee! I doubt this bill will pass, but you never know. We live in a crazy world.

A while back I read something similar, where a woman (I believe) got a ticket for drinking her coffee... is this already illegal somewhere?

I can see hot coffee being a problem...if you spill it on your lap, how are you going to react. Water, not so much.

I'm so glad I moved out of New Jersey!! Everything is SOOOO expensive there it's ridiculous.

Back