New Here

Gabi

Reaction score
Hey All,

Hello, My name is Gabi. I am a Colorado Native. I am actually hearing, so your probably wondering why I came to this forum, I have always been intrigued by those who were deaf and those who sign to communicate.

I am here to reach out to deaf people because I am interested in learning sign langauge and to also find out what programs are available to help deaf people to fit into society as much as hearing people do. Any thoughts, ideas or any feedback on this topic is totally appreciative.

Ok, so about me.....

I am a 24 year old single white female. I am a confident big/fat women and am not afraid of who I am! I am the girl that will always be there when you need me, the one who will be your shoulder to cry on and to support you when I am able.
I am a girl who loves life, who lives my life in my own path and I don't walk by anyone else drum. I am one who is driven and passionate about living life and helping those around me. I walk to the beat of my own drum, but I do not smoke and I don't do drugs. I do on occasion drink, but I am more of the type of girl that likes the fruity drinks and I usually choose to drink one and I am good. LOL.

How do I explain myself, I am serious minded girl, who is down to earth, open minded, I believe in all people, in every walk of life. Many people who know me on a personal level, call me "driven" and "passionate", "sincere", "honest" and fun loving. I am passionate about everything that I am, with everything that I do. I am down to earth, honest, caring, kind and compassionate and sincere. I believe in other people and the lives of others. I believe in myself in everything that I do. In every opportunity that I have and every opportunity that comes my way. I believe in living my life to the fullest and making it a priority that every person that I meet an opportunity to change my life and the lives of others to be the best that each one of us can be. ha ha, sounds like something that came from the military. But that is what I believe. I do go to church on occasion but I am more spirtual then religious!

In my freetime, I like to be with horses, karooke, travel, camp, go on road trips, four wheeling, cook, hang out with friends, meet new people, play pool, go bowling, hanging out.

Thank you for your time and have a fantastic day!
Peace

:wave: Hello and welcome to AD and enjoy your stay. There is an American sign Language -English program in Denver, CO. DO IT Center Home

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Very interesting thread. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. By the way, I am Deaf. :thumb:

Hi! Welcome to the AllDeaf forums, Gabi.

It's always nice to see someone who is willing to believe in others as well as oneself. I, too, believe in myself in spite of my hearing impairment. Being deaf has always been part of my life, and just like you I want to make the best of it. There's no doubt that a positive attitude can change a life for the better. That's what everyone should do - of course, we all have our moments. :)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time here. Considering your hobbies, you seem a very adventurous person. I'm the kind who prefers routine just for now.

Hi! Welcome to the AllDeaf forums, Gabi.

It's always nice to see someone who is willing to believe in others as well as oneself. I, too, believe in myself in spite of my hearing impairment. Being deaf has always been part of my life, and just like you I want to make the best of it. There's no doubt that a positive attitude can change a life for the better. That's what everyone should do - of course, we all have our moments. :)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time here. Considering your hobbies, you seem a very adventurous person. I'm the kind who prefers routine just for now.

Jessiree,

Thank you so much for taking the opportunity and time to post a comment and your thoughts about life.

You know I guess the biggest thing I learned young in life, is when your life is over its over. I have seen too many people end there lives early or be killed and knowning whats its like to be forgotten, so I guess I decided that I got this one shot at life and if I dont take the chance to go and meet a person or be the bold one, I am losing out on an opportunity. I know many probably think of me as crazy or something but I just believe in doing whatever it takes to experience enough in life, that its worth watching when I die. Too many people plan there whole life, but never experience it. But we all have the things that make us comfortable, like you like routine. Which makes you, you.

However one thing I learned is that life guarntees CHANGE even if you dont want it.

LOL

Thanks your your thoughts and if your ever in colorado maybe we can go for drinks or coffee and learn from eachother! The greatest opportunity in life is people!

Peace!
Gabi

Back