New Here and Looking for Friends

Carin

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Carin and I decided to join this community after weeks of reading the threads.

I am turning 35 soon. As a child, I had multiple surgeries to both ears to insert tubes and, later, shunts of some kind. I was told I would be deaf by 20. Then 25. Then my surgeon retired. I'm still rockin' and rollin', but the world is getting quieter. I do not have health insurance and have been told before that the damage from all the infections and surgeries isn't reversible anyway. I have very mixed feelings about what's happening, and don't feel like I can share it with anyone in my life right now.

Other than that issue, I am a fun-loving girl with four cats and a dog. I primarily work as a ghostwriter/freelancer, and work part-time in retail mostly for the predictable (if small) pay. I love to read (Stephen King, John Irving, Wally Lamb, and Thomas Harris are my favorites). I also love to write fiction.

Hello to everyone!

Hi! My name is Carin and I decided to join this community after weeks of reading the threads.

I am turning 35 soon. As a child, I had multiple surgeries to both ears to insert tubes and, later, shunts of some kind. I was told I would be deaf by 20. Then 25. Then my surgeon retired. I'm still rockin' and rollin', but the world is getting quieter. I do not have health insurance and have been told before that the damage from all the infections and surgeries isn't reversible anyway. I have very mixed feelings about what's happening, and don't feel like I can share it with anyone in my life right now.

Other than that issue, I am a fun-loving girl with four cats and a dog. I primarily work as a ghostwriter/freelancer, and work part-time in retail mostly for the predictable (if small) pay. I love to read (Stephen King, John Irving, Wally Lamb, and Thomas Harris are my favorites). I also love to write fiction.

Hello to everyone!

Hi.. I wouldn't worry about the pay, it's not small, just small in comparison lol :)

Hello to everyone!

Welcome!

Another crazy cat lady in the making!

(from one to another, just check out my posts :lol: )

Back