New Drug in Schools: Important to share the information with parents and whoever.

WhisperHorse

Reaction score
I got this email so I think it's best to sharing with you guys even if it's fake or not, I just don't care but I do care about kids in the school even your kids too. So here it is;

New drug in Schools...

Pass this on even if you do not have kids in school. Parents should know about this killer drug. Grandparents, send it to your family and friends.

smalld.jpg

smalldd.jpg

This is a new drug known as 'strawberry quick '.
There is a very scary thing going on in the schools right now that we all need to be aware of.

There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks (the candy that sizzles and 'pops' in your mouth). It also smells like strawberry and it is being handed out to kids in school yards. They are calling it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.
Kids are ingesting this thinking that it is candy and being rushed off to the hospital in dire condition. It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and orange.
Please instruct your children not to accept candy from strangers and even not to accept candy that looks like this from a friend (who may have been given it and believed it is candy) and to take any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc. immediately.
Pass this email on to as many people as you can (even if they don't have kids) so that we can raise awareness and hopefully prevent any tragedies from occurring.

DALLAS, Texas — Something called “cheese” is killing kids. In August of 2005, no one had even heard of it — so much so, that when a school district police officer first saw a bag of this drug, he thought it was fake. Now officials realize cheese is all too real; at least 21 kids have died from overdosing on it.

Cheese is a combination of black tar heroin and crushed up Tylenol PM tablets and hits of it sell for a buck or two. Like any type of heroin, cheese is highly addictive and deadly. If that’s not enough to scare you, there’s this: drug pushers cooked it up special for kids.

“Traditionally heroin is going to be an adult user drug,” says Dallas Independent School District Officer Jeremy Liebbe. “Black tar heroin is cooked on a spoon, mixed with liquid and injected. Meaning needles. Not many kids are wild about needles, so if you want to market heroin to kids you've got to come up with an alternative to it.”

And that’s exactly what drug dealers in the Dallas area have done — they’ve come up with a form that can be snorted and gave it a seemingly benign name: “cheese.” But cheese is just the start. Have you heard of “Strawberry Quick?” It’s not a kid’s drink — it’s a kid’s methamphetamine. Drug dealers mix meth with Kool-Aid in an attempt to make it look and taste better. And again, there’s the snappy name. While Strawberry Quick hasn’t made a big splash in Dallas, it is gaining ground in other parts of the country.

The DEA says the whole act of marketing drugs to kids is a dangerous and relatively new trend.
“They're looking for a new consumer, ” says James Capra, the Special Agent In Charge of the DEA office in Dallas. “They've taken the tactic that advertising people have taken for years; you want to sell a product, you’ve got do a good marketing approach to it.”

The anecdote for any slick marketing campaign is the truth. Cheese users, if they live, eventually escalate to needle use. And if they try to get off cheese, users have horrible physical and mental withdrawal symptoms. So of course it’s best never to start. As for meth, anyone who’s seen a meth addict, with their scabbed skin and rotting teeth, knows what a con “Strawberry Quick” is.

What can you do? Fernando Cortez is getting involved. He lost his 15-year-old son to cheese earlier this year. Cortez swears his son wasn’t a user and is haunted by what-ifs. What if he had done this versus that? Would his son still be alive? In the end, Cortez has had to put away those thoughts and channel his grief into something that could save lives. He goes to Dallas schools, speaking out about his painful experience and giving out his cell phone number to anyone who needs to talk. He urges parents to do the same — talk to their kids.

Drug experts add this advice: don’t bury your head in the sand. If your child’s grades drop, he loses interest in the activities he once loved, if he changes friends, if he starts to have trouble at school … all of these are warning signs that need to be acted upon immediately. With drug dealers stepping up their efforts to target your kids, police and drug counselors say we should all make as much of an effort to keep them safe.

The Link;
FOXNews.com - Marketing Drugs to Kids: From Cheese to Strawberry Quick - FOX Fan

"Strawberry Quick" Meth-Truth!
Summary of the eRumor:
The eRumor warns of a new form of delivering illegal methamphetamine to children by making it into a strawberry flavored crystal or powder.
The Truth:
The eRumor is true and only the latest form in which methamphetamine has been mixed with sweet substances.

An Associated Press story published in newspapers across the U.S. on May 1, 2007 focused on discoveries of what appeared to be a strawberry-flavored children's drink at the scene of an illegal meth lab. It has come to be known as "Strawberry Quick." It has no connection with the popular Nestle QUIK flavored milk products now renamed Nestle Nesquik. Chris Harrison, a chemist at the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory, says that meth is bitter to the makers try to take that edge off any way they can and have used lollipops, sodas, candy, and anything else they can to make it easier for first-time users. The article said that the "Strawberry Quick" angle came to light in January when the Nevada Department of Public Safety issued a warning about it.

The Strawberry meth has been reported in several states including Missouri, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Texas, Nevada, and California.

Because of the sweet taste and candy-like appearance there is concern about children coming into contact with it but experts say its not been made that way just for the purpose of introducing it to children. Giving it a sweet taste and a harmless-sounding name is a marketing technique to ease it into the hands of any potential victim.

According to a release from California Senator Dianne Feinstein she has joined with Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa to sponsor a bill in congress that would make it a federal crime to appeal to children with candy-flavored meth or other drugs. Feinstein said that substances like "Strawberry Quick" are "...designed to get people to try it a few times. It's all about hooking young people, and we have to stop this practice before it grows any further."

Other link;
"Strawberry Quick" meth?-Truth!

snopes.com: Strawberry Meth

The school districts in northern Georgia near Chattanooga, Tenn., have been dealing a lot of this since the influx of foreigners moving in from elsewhere.

I think if we educate our children about this, and know when to tell us or the police, they could stop it from spreading out like vines.

Yeah so I think it's best idea to sharing this with everybody in here since it will be more safer for all kids you know...

Ohh no! I am against METH!!!! It's bad for children. I am trying to find an article of my hometown's school. But I am not able because I am not member of newspapers online. Last 2 yeas ago in Feb. The ten years old boy carried 133 ecstasy pills bag to bus school. He gave and pass to kids. They thought it's candies. Few boys got threw up. They went to ER. Bus Driver found the ecstasy and count it. The police car pulled over the bus. The police asked boy the question where did he found the aqua color ecstasy pills from? He said he found it from his home. Police believed it's his dad is a dealing drugs.

Ugh, I hate it when those uncaring strangers are being so asshole for trying to ruin children's lives. :roll:

I know, it's so scary ... So many kids love candy, and if they eat they'll be eating meth, too. What kinda asshole made this crap??? :madfawk:

Care to explain what this " meth " will do to kids ? What type of effect after kids take it ? How long it effects before it kills a kid ? Anythin' that you know may help the parents to be aware of their children's behavior -- if one recognizes a type of behavior could save a kid's life.

I have never experience this for sure.
Meth = full word Methamphetamine.
One person that i used to know, but i dont stay friend with her anymore. She explains how she felt when she took METH. it keeps her going on and mind keeps alive. it does affect central nerve system. it is a highly additive.

Very common for mothers to take meth to keep themselve awake to take care of family but their body would shut down after overdo and being hard on themselve.

google it to see lots of peoples faces do change, used to be nice looking to a ugly looking.

Back