New digitals

I'm a 55+ year HA user. I understand the Phonaks, like the Naidas, I am trying now are very linear in its algorithim for sound processing, hence it duplicates the analog "sound." I didn't like earlier versions of digitals from 10 years ago and my last set, phonas analog processor/digital programables, were made in '95 have finally met their maker.

I am still trying out some others,e.g. Oticons, etc, so the jurys still out for the next few weeks. In any event, the newer generations of digitals are infinately adjustable and I'm sure we both will find what works well.

Richard fr. Monterey

I hope so, really I'm just glad they'll be small enough that my glasses won't slide off my face anymore. They're not in yet, and were ordered two weeks ago, well I assume they were anyways.... Starting to get a tad bit irritated with how long it's taking.

I'm a 55+ year HA user. I understand the Phonaks, like the Naidas, I am trying now are very linear in its algorithim for sound processing, hence it duplicates the analog "sound." I didn't like earlier versions of digitals from 10 years ago and my last set, phonas analog processor/digital programables, were made in '95 have finally met their maker.

I am still trying out some others,e.g. Oticons, etc, so the jurys still out for the next few weeks. In any event, the newer generations of digitals are infinately adjustable and I'm sure we both will find what works well.

Richard fr. Monterey

I'm wearing Oticon right now LOL those are great hearing aids and you should get the streamer for it 2
I will be getting new hearing aids in February instead of this month so it will be delayed.

Originally Posted by rweigle
I'm a 55+ year HA user. I understand the Phonaks, like the Nadia's, I am trying now are very linear in its algorithim for sound processing, hence it duplicates the analog "sound." I didn't like earlier versions of digitals from 10 years ago and my last set, phonas analog processor/digital programables, were made in '95 have finally met their maker.

Like you I am also a 55+ user. I currently have a Phonak Naida in left ear about a year old and CI in/on right side. Go in for CI in left side in a couple of weeks. I found the Phonak did a very good job and frequency seemed to be what I was used to but just doesn't help enough now. Actually hearing was fine but comprehension was lousy. :) About 80% better with CI. Ha added about 7% with both. Good luck on your choice.

still a fan of analogues even though I no longer have them

Wellllll. Turns out, there was this huge problem with my order. I -thought- I was getting Milo Pluses, but I'm not. Ha ha ha. they sent me -someone- else's order confirmation... I'm getting Phonak Solanas, and they haven't even oedered them yet. Veeeeery frustrated right now. lol. Plus, I think the Solana's are ugly.

do u have a link to the solana? i don't see it as something available as a product on the phonak website

Wellllll. Turns out, there was this huge problem with my order. I -thought- I was getting Milo Pluses, but I'm not. Ha ha ha. they sent me -someone- else's order confirmation... I'm getting Phonak Solanas, and they haven't even oedered them yet. Veeeeery frustrated right now. lol. Plus, I think the Solana's are ugly.

What do you find ugly about them? They look about like every Phonak right now.

The Milo looks like that too, except it has more basic colors.

They're more of a square shape. But mostly, it was because on the Milos I wanted safari stripe. On the Milos the whole aid is stripped, but on the Solanas, just a little piece of it is. It was more that the stripes weren't as cool on the Solanas.

well the Solanas are neat as well
don't be afraid to ask for a trial on them as will as the Milo plus also!

i have the safar stripes on my naidas:) loveee it..and ya im not crazy bout the squarish shape of the new phonak aids:S...

Back