Never let your kid/kids get on the treadmill

JeepGirl

Reaction score
My daughter was on the treadmill (walking machine) yesterday. She was running on a high speed and couldn't stop the machine and fell. She got her legs caught under the treadmill and it burned her knees. I just learned to never let your kid/kids walk or run on the treadmill without supervision. Here's a pix of my daughters knee..

OUCH!!!

Attachments

• Jacisknees30506.jpg
    Jacisknees30506.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 57
Ouch that looks painful. Hope it won't be too long before her knees get better.

Its been very painful for her.. she's cried for 2 days now. Her left knee is swollen right now, so I may have to take her to the dr tomorrow.. she can hardly walk. I believe she bruised inside of both knees. That's what is making it so painful. I feel so bad :(

Oh my gosh that got to hurt OUCH!!! Poor little girl, I feel so bad for her, please give her a :hug: for me and tell her I hope her boo boo feels better soon :( ...

:Ohno:

Ouchie....that sure gotta hurt! Good thing at least she didn't break a leg--I'm sure you'll give her great loving care! Hope she'll recover and heal quickly, and that she can get back into the swing of things as well.

RebelGirl said:
Its been very painful for her.. she's cried for 2 days now. Her left knee is swollen right now, so I may have to take her to the dr tomorrow.. she can hardly walk. I believe she bruised inside of both knees. That's what is making it so painful. I feel so bad :(

Oh dear..... :Ohno: Please let me know what her doctor say, I feel so bad for your daugther... :(

Ooccchhh pain... I can see her pain feeling...

Keep post update after what Doctor say about her knees... I feel want :hug: and comfort her and her pain... :(

Whoa !!!! That one sure looks nasty !!!! :ugh:

Rebelgirl, I will show my mom and my sister this one. :eek2:

God Bless your daughter and I will keep her in my prayers that she heals up quickly and goes right back to being a happy girl in no time. :angel:

Thank you for letting us know about the safety warning. :cheers:

RebelGirl said:
Oh, I can imagine how painful it is for her. I feel for her and you.
It would be a good idea to take her to the doctor.

OUCH! at least she learned her mistaken. Glad it isn't bad tho, Hope she get heal fast

Ouch I hope she recovers sooner. any update on her sine u said u taking her to dr?

I woke up late this morning.. pssstt ^Angel^, you know why.. :giggle: Anyway.. I checked on my daughter's knees and the swell has gone down and the infection looked like is gone now. So, I asked her how she felt she said she was better than yesterday. I decided not to take her to the dr. I'm just going to keep an eye on it just in case she didn't have problems inside of her knees. Thanks everyone for the concern!

The reason I created a new thread is because for those of you who have children, make sure you're aware of the injuries the kids can possibly have if they do run on the treadmill. It is dangerous. I was thinking what if.. what if.. it could have been worse. her hair could have gotten caught in the roller, she could have hit her face on the treadmill.. etc etc So I'm thankful it was just the knees but hate to see her go thru the pain. She told her friends "from now on.. do LISTEN to your parents!!!" I told her several times when she got on not to go on high speed and stay on the walking cycle. She just didn't listen so it happened to her.

Thank you all :hug:

Ouches! feel bad for ur daughter sufferring walking in pain, glad she's better now, thanks for telling us, I never thought of that :shock:

Ouch, sorry to hear about your daughter that got injured from the treadmill. I hope she gets better soon as possible. :hug:

Ouchie!!! Shuttering to think about how it was grinding on your daughter's knees! I won't buy trendmill, but was thinking of buying one. I will just walk outside instead. Good thing you are warning others to be careful and they can decide whether to get trendmill or not.

Peachy Lady said:
Ouchie!!! Shuttering to think about how it was grinding on your daughter's knees! I won't buy trendmill, but was thinking of buying one. I will just walk outside instead. Good thing you are warning others to be careful and they can decide whether to get trendmill or not.

I think its okay to have one of your own, just make sure little kids don't bother it. its definitely not safe. if you still want to buy one.. go ahead and get one. Just make sure the little ones don't get on it. ;)

wow thats a good scrape right there. guess she learned her lesson. dont play on something that isn't a toy.

:eek: That's quite a scrape there. *cringes* at photo. Poor girl!! I'm glad she's ok though. What was she doing on treadmill anyway?

Back