Need Some Help from Deaf or HOH

jenwhis

Reaction score
Need help - Please! :)

Hello!
I am doing a research project for school about the Deaf community and christianity. I will ask a few questions and, if you have some time, please feel free to share your answers. I appreciate it!!!
Thank you!

1) Do you attend church or have you ever attended church? If yes, a "Deaf church" or "Regular Church"? Which do or would you prefer? and Why?

2) Has anyone ever prayed for you to be "healed" of your deafness? How does that make you feel?

3) How do you feel about people saying God didn't plan for anyone to be Deaf?

4) If a church had "Deaf ministry", what should be a part of that? Bible study? Deaf only or hearing included? Trips? Shows? CC Movies?

5) Do you believe in God?

Thanks all!!!!!!! You are great!

Last edited:
1) Do you attend church or have you ever attended church? If yes, a "Deaf church" or "Regular Church"? Which do or would you prefer?

I attend church when I was young and during my high school years too, I rather to attend a Deaf Church

2) Has anyone ever prayed for you to be "healed" of your deafness? How does that make you feel?

No, not that I know of....

3) How do you feel about people saying GOd didn't plan for anyone to be Deaf?

I haven't heard anyone saying that yet....

4) If a church had "Deaf ministry", what should be a part of that?

I'm not quite sure if I understood your question, care to explain that please?..

Yes I do, and I'm looking for a church .....

1) Do you attend church or have you ever attended church? If yes, a "Deaf church" or "Regular Church"? Which do or would you prefer? Yes both currently like hearing church

2) Has anyone ever prayed for you to be "healed" of your deafness? How does that make you feel? no i hate that crap on tv where they supposedly heal people

3) How do you feel about people saying GOd didn't plan for anyone to be Deaf? makes me mad God don't make mistakes

4) If a church had "Deaf ministry", what should be a part of that? if more deaf came currently im the only deaf

5) Do you believe in God? yes

I think these are a little bit hard questions.

THank you for sharing your answers Soonerseth and ^angel^!

I am new to ad and love it! I wish I joined before now.

ANyone else willing to share? :ily:

jenwhis said:
Hello!
I am doing a research project for school about the Deaf community and christianity. I will ask a few questions and, if you have some time, please feel free to share your answers. I appreciate it!!!
Thank you!

1) Do you attend church or have you ever attended church? If yes, a "Deaf church" or "Regular Church"? Which do or would you prefer? and Why?

3) How do you feel about people saying God didn't plan for anyone to be Deaf?

4) If a church had "Deaf ministry", what should be a part of that? Bible study? Deaf only or hearing included? Trips? Shows? CC Movies?

Thanks all!!!!!!! You are great!

jenwhis,

I'll give you some answers.

1. I attend a regular church. Have attended a deaf church once. I'd rather attend a church that doesn't have that awful upbeat music, as it hurts my ears.

2. Yes. I'm not especially fond of people doing that, especially when they don't ask permission and the fact that this is not what I was requesting prayer for.

3. That is a statement that implies that God is not perfect and that He is a liar and they are not.

4. I used to attend the same church as babymakerdaddy and found it to be insulting...not only toward me, but toward people that are more deaf than I am. They're out of touch with reality.

5. Yes. I believe in God, the Father, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son and Lord: Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell. On the third day He arose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

Amen.

Back