need help really badly ....

fei ku

Reaction score
have anyone play online on slim ps2??? if so....pls help me with connection thingy cuz i already bought ethernal cable cord to plug in ps2 to cable modern....and still not working...i need more explantion i even put the ip addy and still not work...i dont know what is the plm....since the cable morderm work fine on computer the internet and all are fine but for ps2 seems not work it kept on saying it is failed....cant find serve or something like that WTF?! can anyone pls help me with it? :ty:

:::pushing SteelX in here:::::

I'm sorry I don't know a thing or two about computers, If I had some trouble, all I would have to do is dial 1-800-Dad. :giggle:

Hope someone will help you with your conflicts. :)

(posted by Steel X) Yeah I know alot about videogames but I dont really have much of a knowledge on ONLINE videogames, that is...

We have that...DHB may know how cuz he used to play online game with poker. So you might want to ask him for details. :)

If you have multi-plug with ethernet cable (such as internet, online gaming and VP) then you need to get router, such as Linksys or something. It will cost around $50-$100 at Best Buy.

Just look like that...
linksys_router_300x224.jpg

router-back.jpg

If you have multi-plug with ethernet cable (such as internet, online gaming and VP) then you need to get router, such as Linksys or something. It will cost around $50-$100 at Best Buy.

Just look like that...

router-back.jpg

Fei Ku says she have that back at home in Michigan...so she'll hold on to it 'til she gets back to Michigan.

Dunno how you have set up, BUT if you set it up correctly, then you NEED to register on PS2 online. I have same problem too but found out have to register then it works fine after!

Dunno how you have set up, BUT if you set it up correctly, then you NEED to register on PS2 online. I have same problem too but found out have to register then it works fine after!

(posted by Fei Ku) where can i register on ps2 online? on internet or on disc??? can u explain little more clearly?? :ty:

Register on PS2 online. I am trying to remember how get there cuz its been more than a year ago.
If can't true business get in networking like connection failed, then it is nothing to do with registeration, but if can connect to server but can't get in game lounge that is when need register with.

Problem is, there is lack of information I needed so I can give right solution. Like got router? Is it sharing with other devices, like PC, VP, etc.

(posted by Fei Ku) where can i register on ps2 online? on internet or on disc??? can u explain little more clearly?? :ty:

If your planning to have VP on your networking, this router is NOT recommended! Best is one of Dlink router, or can ask from Sorenson to get SR-200. I found out more the other day that SR-200 was designed to solve the problems especially with firewall issues and set up. SR-200 is really developed by Sorenson to simplify the installation of VP.

Just look like that...

router-back.jpg

(fei ku) kk first of all....i used to have Dlink and then somehow it got blew up by bad weather or something soo...yes i do have VP and PC and Cable modern i have everything soo...since Dlink blew up i got that LINKSYS and now VP dont work....but rest of other do work really well....the reason why i asked u abt connection was cuz i am at steel x's house and wud like to play online on his ps2 but there is a connection failed since internet and everything else do work except for ps2 it isnt work....soo back in michigan where i live right now....i do have everything except different wireless rounter....i have LINKSYS....sooo do u think i can able to get ps2 to work for online game??

If your planning to have VP on your networking, this router is NOT recommended! Best is one of Dlink router, or can ask from Sorenson to get SR-200. I found out more the other day that SR-200 was designed to solve the problems especially with firewall issues and set up. SR-200 is really developed by Sorenson to simplify the installation of VP.

Let me to check out and see if work or not.

Linksys router, sigh! If it was manufactured on or after September 2003, then your out of luck! I know because I am now offically SorensonVRS technical support provider. I do support these with Sorenson VP.

My advice to you and everybody else is that whenever they got router, VP, even remote control that was damaged for any reason... contact Sorenson Tech support hotline. They will be happy to send out replacement for you, free of charge!!! It is really our policy and goal to try to get as much VP-100/200 up and running.

Sorenson Communications, Inc.
VP: 801.287.9403
Email: VRSsupport@sorenson.com

TTY is currently down, and will start take TTY as soon as we get the TTY server up and running! I do not know when.

Please understand, that I do not have any control over VP-200. Please do ask me about VP-200 when get. When they (different department) are ready to send you VP-200 they will contact you themselves, not us.

DHB

(fei ku) kk first of all....i used to have Dlink and then somehow it got blew up by bad weather or something soo...yes i do have VP and PC and Cable modern i have everything soo...since Dlink blew up i got that LINKSYS and now VP dont work....but rest of other do work really well....the reason why i asked u abt connection was cuz i am at steel x's house and wud like to play online on his ps2 but there is a connection failed since internet and everything else do work except for ps2 it isnt work....soo back in michigan where i live right now....i do have everything except different wireless rounter....i have LINKSYS....sooo do u think i can able to get ps2 to work for online game??

You mean you are now connecting your VP with linksys router that is manufacturing on or after Sept 2003? Only few of models after Sept 2003 would work. Reminder NOT ALL Linksys routers would work well with VP.

Let me to check out and see if work or not.

You mean you are now connecting your VP with linksys router that is manufacturing on or after Sept 2003? Only few of models after Sept 2003 would work. Reminder NOT ALL Linksys routers would work well with VP.

Oh well, I got Linksys router in around late 2002.

I asked someone on Xbox forum and most people are recommended to get Linksys for some reason, and would work so great with latest update on Farewell but I don't understand about VP would work. Have you test with N for new Linksys router?

Good! do NOT upgrade the firmware on your Linksys router, once update firmware then your out of luck with VP!

As per in SorensonVRS database, Linksys known to have several serious issues with VP operation, and it is not recommended brand.

Oh well, I got Linksys router in around late 2002.

I asked someone on Xbox forum and most people are recommended to get Linksys for some reason, and would work so great with latest update on Farewell but I don't understand about VP would work. Have you test with N for new Linksys router?

Good! do NOT upgrade the firmware on your Linksys router, once update firmware then your out of luck with VP!

As per in SorensonVRS database, Linksys known to have several serious issues with VP operation, and it is not recommended brand.

What do if accidently to update then need buy new router with different brand?

Now, I feel bad for Linksys.

Don't feel bad about Linksys, it was THEIR decision to focus on other video codec than these codec used by Sorenson. SorensonVRS already tried to work with Linksys, and Linksys simply refused.

What do if accidently to update then need buy new router with different brand?

Now, I feel bad for Linksys.

Back