need help interpreting a sign help please

miktre

Reaction score
i saw a sign in a video where a guy held his middle finger and ring finger out and spread apart but his index finger and pinky were bent in not sure about where his thumb was ---- what does this mean!!! help please!!!:ty:

Just tried signing according to your descriptions...I have no clue what that means! I have been an ASL user for 10 years so maybe that is one sign I missed?

i saw a sign in a video where a guy held his middle finger and ring finger out and spread apart but his index finger and pinky were bent in not sure about where his thumb was ---- what does this mean!!! help please!!!:ty:

Sorry but just by going by your breif explinations, I have no idea what sign this would be.

"Live long and prosper" with arthritis? :giggle:

"Live long and prosper" with arthritis? :giggle:

LOL good one Reba!

That was my first thought. The vulcan sign. When I tried to do that, I had a hard time keeping my 2 fingers straight while bending the other 2. Never seen that sign but I wouldn't be the one to ask.. yet!!

If I didn't know better.. reverse I love you?? so in other words.. I hate you??

Last edited:
ty

thanks for helping yes it was like live long and prosper but with two outer fingers bent. i can do it cause i have double jointed fingers. it was interesting hearing your responses. :giggle:

Do you remember the name of the video? Maybe it was a gang sign. Lots of gangs use signs that have nothing to do with deafness.

Do you remember the name of the video? Maybe it was a gang sign. Lots of gangs use signs that have nothing to do with deafness.

That is what I thought if we don't know what the sign mean so it might be a gang signs that has nothing to do with our ASL. I remember years ago after I was reading the newspaper saying that in Chicago, Illinois, the gang were using the "I love you" sign signify their own language not associated with the ASL sign. The deaf person who was signing to someone with "I love you". He was shot and killed by the gang saying that Deaf person should not use the sign that belong to the gang. The Illinois Hearing Society tried to tell the gang that it is a "I love you" sign and the gang don't believe that the deaf use the that sign all the time. :crazy:

Back