Nearly 14-pound baby boy born in Des Moines

rockin'robin

Reaction score
..DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa woman has given birth to a boy weighing 13 pounds and 13 ounces — without the aid of surgery.

Asher Stewardson was born Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines, measuring 23 ½ inches long. Fifteen months ago, his brother, Judah, arrived weighing 12 pounds and an ounce at birth.

Mercy officials say only a tenth of 1 percent of all newborns weigh more than 11 pounds at birth.

The boys' mother, Kendall Stewardson, endured six hours of labor without an epidural injection. She says she and her husband, Joshua, wanted to avoid cesarean delivery because that wouldn't have been good for her or Asher.

..Nearly 14-pound baby boy born in Des Moines - Yahoo! News

Baby born believed biggest without a surgical delivery at Mercy Medical Center | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

Here's a link that has a picture of the baby. He is really big!

uao0o.jpg

Last edited:
..DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — An Iowa woman has given birth to a boy weighing 13 pounds and 13 ounces — without the aid of surgery.

Asher Stewardson was born Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines, measuring 23 ½ inches long. Fifteen months ago, his brother, Judah, arrived weighing 12 pounds and an ounce at birth.

Mercy officials say only a tenth of 1 percent of all newborns weigh more than 11 pounds at birth.

The boys' mother, Kendall Stewardson, endured six hours of labor without an epidural injection. She says she and her husband, Joshua, wanted to avoid cesarean delivery because that wouldn't have been good for her or Asher.

..Nearly 14-pound baby boy born in Des Moines - Yahoo! News

I hope she didn't get any newborn size clothes for him. Since both my girls were 8+ lbs, I'm suspecting my grandbaby will be 8+ lbs and am looking at clothes with this in mind. I have my youngest's weight chart so I can see how much she weighed (and how long/tall she was) at different ages so I buy the right seasonal (long sleeved/footed vs short-sleeve, etc) clothes.

Am thinking......good Lord!...Knowing that Iowan's are healthy....but an almost 14-lb. baby....wondering how many stitches she had to have? And laboring for 6 hours?....

my cousin Abby and Bud both born big baby and Abby weight 10lbs and Bud weight 11lbs

If I would have gone full term, I would have been huge! I was big already, especially for being a month early (9 lb 5 oz) and being a twin... my sister wasn't as big, (low 6lbs) but she didn't make it...

That is one FAT baby!! My daughter was only 6 lbs 9 oz , almost the same as I was. I bet my mom glad I was not so big as I was a breech birth baby.

Know how she's feeling up to a point. Mine weren't quite that big and I had 2 c-sections. And - mine weren't "corn fed".

That is one chunk of a baby though. He can easily fit into Stage 3 diapers and size 6 month clothes. That's what my daughter wore home from the hospital. She gained weight after delivery and at delivery, 12 1/2 pounds and 24 1/2 inches. Going home, she was 14 3/4 pounds and 24 1/2 inches.

Back