Name this breed! My new Puppy!

Temporary Thread Hijack Alert:

I think that your dog is probably mixed with Collie and Jack Russell. That's unusual for me to see your dog in the picture. I learned that Jack Russell dogs' health is tough to detect a health problem which is not a good sign. I really loved my Jack Russell, and she was four years old - we don't know how she got so sick - maybe Lyme Disease. We always check on her for ticks, and I guess that we missed a very tiny tick on her skin. We were told that Frontline and other brands do not prove that they can kill the ticks. We gave her a Frontline every three months for two years (not in the winter). Oh well. Your dog is white which is so much easier for you to check on her for ticks. My other dog is brown and most black is very hard for us to find any ticks on her.

I think that it cost 50 dollars to send the blood test (DNA) to a lab. I am so sure that you will love your dog as the best.

Titer blood test is important to find out that how strong your dog fights the germs. We do that once a year. I think maybe twice might be better. Unfortunately, my dog had titer last October and she was very sick within three days which was in December. It is really hard - that's why Jack Russell is tough in health issue. Of course, we never ban any dog or Jack Russell, and we all love the dogs. I am glad that you are happy with Stardust. It's a good name.

At last, it is extremely important that your dog needs many good toys. I bet that she will be crazy to hear the honks from the toys. I had a nice squirrel stuff animal, and it was her favorite toy.

Just want to bring up a couple of quick points in your post, webexplorer. First off, I'd like to mention that Frontline Plus has been proven to be effective against ticks, but it's not 100%. However, it must be applied monthly to work against ticks. For Fleas only, applying every three months is sufficient. But it loses it's effectiveness after one month for ticks.

Also, titers are very tricky things. Titers are used in lieu of routine vaccinations by many people that are concerned with over-vaccination. Basically, when your dog is due for his vaccine booster, blood will be drawn and tested for immune response instead. Then, the booster is only administered if the titer falls too low. But the body's immune response does not necessarily slowly drop over time. So there is always a chance that a titer will come back that the dog does not need vaccination at that time, but before the next scheduled titer comes up, the dog could have lost that immunity rather suddenly. This leaves the possibility of the dog contracting the disease. Either way, both methods (titering vs. routine vaccination - and many are not given yearly anymore anyway) is something that every owner should research and decide for themselves.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread:

Lady Sekhmet, your pup sounds like a doll! I can't wait to see how her personality develops after the 'honeymoon' period is over and she becomes more comfortable in your home and her confidence increases. My prediction is that she will be a quick, smart and funny girl! She's adorable!

Hi D, she's cute and the name is pretty for a little pretty dog.

There is quite alot of small collies around that are slim and light weight types. To be honest she is a bit too young to show the real traits of the breed. However eyeing and "destroying" (like shaking it virously?) towel is terrier trait... They do that to subude rat/other animal before they bite back.

Boris, my Jack russel has the build like Saffordshire bull terrier with jack russel face, he is small but weighs over a stone! quite heavy for jack russell.. its all the muscle he got... he is not, he's full jack russell.. he is very dolice... laid back, rarely barks (really barks at postman!), not so hyper, he gets so excited to meet people/other dogs..

Enjoy your pup, i wouldn't worry about the breed as long she's healthy and happy.

Congratulations on your new puppy!
I hope you enjoy your new puppy as much as I did!
Again, congratulations!
:hug:

The lampshade looks familiar....

rh99jo.jpg

Back