My Trip

pinkster

Reaction score
Hahaha.. Okay I'm sure most of you dont care about my trip but it's been really funny, frustrating and just relaxing since I left home yesterday.

My flight was originally scheduled for 2:30, I had a layover in Chicago. Well, 20 minutes before Megladon left to take me, he got an automated call that said my flight was cancelled, and moved to 3:30. I didnt know till he came home, and then we left at 1:15 or so. I was playing harry potter: the chamber of secrets (kick ass game btw)

So we got to the airport at like, 2pm, in good time for the 3:30 flight. Well we stood in line for the check-in, and they said the flight was delayed! Apparently Chicago was having a big storm, and they only had half mile visibility. So we sat around till 4:30, playing games and walking around the airport. At 4:30 we walked to my gate to check in, make sure it was ontime, but the screen said it was delayed till 6! And I'd probably miss my connecting flight! But the lady we talked to said she thinks Northwest Airlines has a direct flight to where I'm going, and so she called! I got transferred from United to NW! So I hopped on the 6:45 flight to where I was going! I was soo lucky. The flight attendants were really nice too! I let them know I'm deaf so they can tell me info and whatnot, so they were super nice to me. I sat in row 9!

So here I am, using my sister's computer, ahhhh :) Watching CSI season 1!!! :) Time to go check on my chicken in the oven! Thanks for reading!

Yeah, I know the feeling for flights delayed and all that. .ugh. its a lot of snow here. yikes.... :-/ i'm living 1 hr away from chicago...

wow!!! keep u wait for airplane but good thing u keep play game and walk ard there til ur airplane is ready!! but they nice to u and get u other airplane to got home.. wow!!

ah your flight trip story reminded me
when I actually was flying
from San Jose to San Francisco changing
planes via back home in the East coast,
I was at the SF airport waiting to change
the plane for the 2nd flight back home
but I missed it because I was sooo busy
writing postcards (Grrrr)

P.S. that's why I'd prefer NON-stop flights ONLY :)

Last edited:
That reminded me of doing the same thing when I was young, I had to stay at the airport for nearly 4 hours waiting to get on the airplane to fly to Colorado

my worse experience was waiting for a day and half for next flight... this isn't fun sitting and waiting.. and we all are sleeping in airport.. however we all passengers in plane who's waiting for that flight got free meal and drinks at any restruant :D

A friend of mine missed her own flight to NYC because she thought it was at 6:30pm when it is actually at 3:30p. When she found out at the checkout, she broke down and became hysteric and the workers there tried to assure her by finding her another flight to catch a layover to NYC at 7pm and for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. She stopped her trantums suddenly and thanked them and hopped on the free flight to Boston for a five hours layover to NYC so she had the chance to sightsee the Beantown.

She should be nominated for an Oscar.

gnarlydorkette said:
A friend of mine missed her own flight to NYC because she thought it was at 6:30pm when it is actually at 3:30p. When she found out at the checkout, she broke down and became hysteric and the workers there tried to assure her by finding her another flight to catch a layover to NYC at 7pm and for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. She stopped her trantums suddenly and thanked them and hopped on the free flight to Boston for a five hours layover to NYC so she had the chance to sightsee the Beantown.

She should be nominated for an Oscar.

lol :)

Back