My Hearing Is Getting Worse!!

Daminx

Reaction score
i noticed my ears have been hissing a bit more louder recently and just now my ears Are going bezerk and have now added a Humming Sound when the Place is quiet. I have mild hearing Loss but i have noticed from Time to Time more recently i have sometimes struggled Some sentences in one to one conversations. I don't wear hearing aids but i feel i might have to if it gets worse.

How i feel about it is that i Enjoy deaf Culture and Would like to experience deafness but i don't feel i am Ready as i feel as if my ears Are sacraficing my life. I Want to work with Young children and Want to Move to Germany and Sweden and Love their languages. I'm actually Kinda scared

{{Hugs}} Daminx, I'm right there with you. The roaring in my ears is so loud I can hear it over music and movies, even road noise. I've started needing the CC in the last few months and I'm getting my first hearing aids maybe tomorrow. I'm scared too that my hearing will get worse and worse.

well..maybe you will get lucky and become Deaf...

I don't believe in luck or any kind of superstition; things are what they are, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm happy that you feel lucky, but people do have differences of opinion. It doesn't make either one right or wrong, just different.

I don't believe in luck or any kind of superstition; things are what they are, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm happy that you feel lucky, but people do have differences of opinion. It doesn't make either one right or wrong, just different.

my statement wasnt in any shape way or form about what you believe or not. nor did i state or imply you have to like it. indeed things are what they are, and they are what we make them. stating people have differences of opinion, is rather like stating the sky is blue, water is wet, (yes im asshole.), it doesnt much furthur or even enrich a discusion or even this disussion if it even is one. anyway there is no wrong opinion in this, why you felt the need to bring that up though is an interesting question.

my post is exactly what i stated.

yes im one of the lucky ones.;-)

you can be and get lucky too..... if you want...

We wanted to come here an express our concerns not be told that becoming Deaf is lucky. We obviously don't feel that luck is coming our way or else we wouldn't be scared. That's why I mentioned differences of opinion; you can be Deaf and feel lucky at the same time we can fear becoming Deaf.

We wanted to come here an express our concerns not be told that becoming Deaf is lucky. We obviously don't feel that luck is coming our way or else we wouldn't be scared. That's why I mentioned differences of opinion; you can be Deaf and feel lucky at the same time we can fear becoming Deaf.

you do understand this is a forum for Deaf. that means you will come across those like me who view bieng Deaf as a gift rather then a curse. and that you will be offered that opinion. that is not to sign, thats the only opinion you will get offered here, but it is one.

if you dont feel luck is comming your way its time for you to re evalute your asumptions and conceptions on what bieng Deaf is or becomming Deaf is.

you can fear anything you like

what im telling you is fearing becoming Deaf is in mine,and in others eyes who are Deaf, not a healthy nor even a positive way to view yourself or what you are.

do not fear it, embrace it.

we are not broken or damaged goods. we are not inferior. nor are we sick in need of a cure

its not a curse to be Deaf
its a gift

the sooner you see that
the better and happier and more full your life will be

you do understand this is a forum for Deaf. that means you will come across those like me who view bieng Deaf as a gift rather then a curse. and that you will be offered that opinion. that is not to sign, thats the only opinion you will get offered here, but it is one.

if you dont feel luck is comming your way its time for you to re evalute your asumptions and conceptions on what bieng Deaf is or becomming Deaf is.

you can fear anything you like

what im telling you is fearing becoming Deaf is in mine,and in others eyes who are Deaf, not a healthy nor even a positive way to view yourself or what you are.

do not fear it, embrace it.

we are not broken or damaged goods. we are not inferior. nor are we sick in need of a cure

its not a curse to be Deaf
its a gift

the sooner you see that
the better and happier and more full your life will be
Too true! Deaf power!!

Thanks for the comments and I am glad you enjoy and embrace being deaf, I might in time learn how to do that, but will it ruin my chances of the life I wanted?

Tia I hope nothing but the best for your hearing in other words hope it doesn't get worse like mine is threatening to do! "Hugs back"

Thanks for the comments and I am glad you enjoy and embrace being deaf, I might in time learn how to do that, but will it ruin my chances of the life I wanted?

Tia I hope nothing but the best for your hearing in other words hope it doesn't get worse like mine is threatening to do! "Hugs back"

I wouldn't say it would ruin your chances at the life you want. I'm deaf and I'm in University for Software Development and I've travelled a ton. I grew up between Japan and Scotland and I've been all over the states, and visited many countries in Europe. I currently have a position lined up for when I finish University, so I will move back to Japan in 2 years.

So, as you can see, I'm only 21 and I believe I've conquered quite a bit for my age. So believe me; your deafness won't hinder you unless you let it.

why or how would it ruin the life you wanted?
have you ever considered the idea it may actually enrich your life, and make your life far far better?

i noticed my ears have been hissing a bit more louder recently and just now my ears Are going bezerk and have now added a Humming Sound when the Place is quiet. I have mild hearing Loss but i have noticed from Time to Time more recently i have sometimes struggled Some sentences in one to one conversations. I don't wear hearing aids but i feel i might have to if it gets worse.

How i feel about it is that i Enjoy deaf Culture and Would like to experience deafness but i don't feel i am Ready as i feel as if my ears Are sacraficing my life. I Want to work with Young children and Want to Move to Germany and Sweden and Love their languages. I'm actually Kinda scared

Hopefully, you are protecting the hearing you have left by using hearing protection when around harmful noise. Most peoples hearing does get worse over time, you're the only one that can slow it down.

You're right, I shouldn't let the chance of becoming deaf ruin my idea of life, I should just adapt, just out of curiosity , why do think becoming deaf will make my life better?

You're right, I shouldn't let the chance of becoming deaf ruin my idea of life, I should just adapt, just out of curiosity , why do think becoming deaf will make my life better?

because it has made mine better. fuller, richer. deeper

we have a rich culture, we have a deep history, we have a wicked language.

all the above are yours too if you want them to be

the best advice I can you is
don't view your Deafness or becoming Deaf as a negative. that's just hearie audism ingrained speaking...

instead
view it rightly as what it is a positive. that's sign signing....;-)

Deaf live and lead rich vibrant lives.

you can too

sign
will
set
you
free!!

Daminx and Tia, I'm hoh - audiologically. as mild - also have auditory processing issues and speech and language issues...ID as hoh because it makes sense in the community where I am. My ASL is poor but I keep trying - feels very natural to me even so...spoke very late as a child and parents thought I was deaf...I gestured instead of talking. NOT that ASL= gestures, it does not....was first exposed to ASL in college, working with d/Deaf kids and Deaf staff at a recreational program. I learned so much there... over the course of time since then have Deaf friends and acquaintances locally and feel very lucky to have access to ASL and to know what I know. I feel empowered when I sign what I can. ASL is a gift-

The OP should have their ears check to made sure there is no wax build up in them , this will made your hearing worst. I knew someone that was having trouble
hearing and was wax in his ears.

I went to the audiologist 2 weeks Ago and they said i had nothing in my ears that i shouldn't have or any overload of earwax

They didn't print it, plus i don't Understand it, (i can't tell what's going on in it)

Back