My "Father"

racheleggert

Reaction score
Now I have "father" in my life....

I'm not sure if its right place for me to post, ALex or Roadrunner, if its @ wrong place, pls move it...

I have this friend, we've been friend for around 2 years already.. He used to work on Highway Patrol, actually for Minnesota State Patrol
Capitol Security / Executive Protection and he suddenly retired at end of 2003 Legislative session, and we've been in touch via e-mails, and then I had to find out from other cop that he returned last week, now as Legislative Police (now they use all retired troopers to be police the Legislature)...

anyways I met him when my governor had State of the State Address back in '03, and I decided to beat my phobia for state trooper (I had some bad experince back in '98), so I decided to talk, and then later on I come back to capitol for legislative session, we keeps on chatting, and then on last day of session, I told him "see ya next session" and he said he was retiring, I was like oh no! As we keep on chatting via e mails, and recentlly in person, and I have been figuring out who's my dad since my real father left and abadoned me, so it was my cop friend. Yesterday I decided it was time for me to admit my feeling for him that he's more like father to me than a friend, so I did. He said that he was so honored then hug me! I explained him what my real dad was like, and he was like oh really?? Yesterday when I was leaving Capitol Building, I said "dad, I have to go home and pack stuff, but will see ya soon and keep in touch e-mail". Now I am calling him "Dad".

I noticed that he worry about me if I dion't show up for session, always talk to me alll of time, we even would horseplay, tease on eachother, share food, would laugh, so many crazy stuff that my real dad wouldn't do. I feel more close to him instead of my real father. He also make me LOL lots. When I told him online last summer that I was raped, he was like WTF??? He was so mad at someone who did to me. He worry about me like if he was my father worrying about what happening to me. I have pic of him with me somewhere, will post later after I move this weekend, when I settle down.

I really hate my real dad becuse he is a deadbeat, doesn't care about my siblings and me at all, doesn't want to do anything with me at all.. He doesn't care.

Oh Rachel,

Your story brought tears to my eyes. I really can relate to you because my biological father was a deadbeat also - he abandoned me when I was 6 months old and my brother 2 years old. He simply disappeared from my mother's life and she was terribly hurt. My mother was very young and innocent. Unfortunately my 3 stepdads were harsh with me. My mother's fifth husband is finally a " Dad " to us but I am now in my 30s and I still do not trust him, thinking that he is gonna abandon us too like other stepdads/real dad.

I am really happy that you found a father figure that you can look up, trust and confide in. Treasure that rare relationship with him :)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww Rachel :hug:

It brought tears in my eyes too. I know how you feel, I am so sorry that your biological father wasn't being a good father to you, and I am glad that you found someone you could look up to as a father figured. That so sweet. I felt the same way forward to my biological mother who wasn't the best mother of the year award. I didn't think I would found someone who would be better than her, until I met my step mother who was far the best mother anyone would ask for. I am glad I had that second chance having a mother figured in my life. I wouldn't trade her for anyone in the world. ;) Everyone deserves to have both great parents to look up to, no matter if they aren't your blood relative, it can be a friend or a step-parent. :grouphug:

Ohh youre lucky you have a person in your life that is a 'daddy figure'. I wish I had one.. My real father was a psychopath.. maybe some of u know him, he goes by Chris or CJ.. ugh..

Anyways, I got a stepdad too, but he was never there. He was a work a holic, so I never got to bond with a guy in my life.. until my husband and my son came along.

Aw Rachel,

*sniff*.....Quite a story you got there girl, I'm just glad you have someone beside your own father in your life, even tho he may not be someone you can look up to but this gentleman as you spoken of, seem to be the type to look up to and hopefully teach you a few things in life you wanted to know and be with you whatever you need him....

Thanks for sharing this with us, glad to hear you have someone this speical in your life, your other " father "... :hug:

It's really awesome to have a friend like that, Rachel, and I'm glad you have such a good thing in your life. Re the rape, how did you get through that? Did you have resources? Support? If so, what kind? Please tell me to kindly shut up if I'm prying too much. :)

Heres cartoon pic of "It" (nickname I gave to him), he does look like Robert De Niro in real life. If you want to see pic of him in real world, just ask.

Attachments

• John Cartoon Pic.gif
    John Cartoon Pic.gif
    3 KB · Views: 35
Liza said:
It's really awesome to have a friend like that, Rachel, and I'm glad you have such a good thing in your life. Re the rape, how did you get through that? Did you have resources? Support? If so, what kind? Please tell me to kindly shut up if I'm prying too much. :)

That's ok... I talked with my friends, got Harrassment Restaing Order (different from Order of Protection). I haven't heard from the decetive.. I should try him again sometimes next week.

People in MN may know who Jeremy Tice is.. I was raped by him. Hes so sick.

racheleggert said:
That's ok... I talked with my friends, got Harrassment Restaing Order (different from Order of Protection). I haven't heard from the decetive.. I should try him again sometimes next week.

People in MN may know who Jeremy Tice is.. I was raped by him. Hes so sick.

Remove the person's name.. it's more safer and your protection too..

Back