My Dad Passed Away...

I am sorry for your loss. May your dad rest in peace. :hug:

Condolences to you Steph, and may the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead. :hug:

I am very sorry to hear of the great loss (es) you have just encountered.. i couldn't imagine not having my parents.. i hope that you have close friends and family who will b there to comfort you and help you when you need it :)I will have you in my prayers please take care and its very sweet of you to let us know.. thank you take care!

I am sorry to hear about your loss.. he's in better place and he will always be watching over you forever.. so don't think he's gone forever... he will be always with you in your heart.. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your father. My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. Hang in there. May your father rest in peace. :hug:

Condolences from my house to yours, and my the Lord Bless ya w/ His healing hands, and seek His Comfort!

-charles

There was a misprint in his obituary when the paper was printed and sent out for Thursday. It has been corrected and will be reprinted with the correction in Saturdays edition of the Cullman Times. As soon as can I will scan in a copy and put it in a post on here. Thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and support. I guess you do know how much it means to me and how much it helps or you guys would not said anything at all so again THANK YOU.

I am sorry to hear. :( You did went thru way too much this year! :(

Me,too. I am really sorry about the untimely death that the medical hospital had not found that was very hidden in your father's brain. You have gone through sooo much this year like LakeTahoe said. You and your family are in my prayer too. You have to try to get pass through this painful loss and try to move on. It is not easy, because I lost both of my parents within three years of each other. My Dad died in 2003 and my Mom died in 2006. I really miss them very much. I understand how you feel about your love ones passed away. May God watch over you and loving you every day when you are in sorrow. :sad: :hug:

I am sorry for your loss. Your too young to lose both parents and I can not image that. I am not ready to let my mother go even she is into 80's now. Your in my thought and prayer.

My heart goes out to you....I hope you have many good memories of your dad, mom and brother.

Thank you all for your support. We are in the process of sending the death certificates to all his active accounts including loans, mortgage, credit cards, car payments and all that. He only had one insurance policy which was just enough to finish paying for moms funeral and all of his. We have to get all the personal stuff out of the house this weekend because the mortgage company is coming on July 20th to bolt the doors and repossess the property. at least being his child I will not be responsible for any of his bills.

Thank you all for your support. We are in the process of sending the death certificates to all his active accounts including loans, mortgage, credit cards, car payments and all that. He only had one insurance policy which was just enough to finish paying for moms funeral and all of his. We have to get all the personal stuff out of the house this weekend because the mortgage company is coming on July 20th to bolt the doors and repossess the property. at least being his child I will not be responsible for any of his bills.

yea i undy how ur feeling and it will hard on u get stuff together and clean out.. :hug:

...His official time of death was 8:15pm, Monday June thirtieth 2008. Official cause of death is a burst aneurysm in his brain which caused massive swelling that stopped his brain from functioning. I was told @ about 3:30pm that all of the tests that the medical staff could do and had done (and rechecked twice) had officially come back that he had no brain waves at all and that the only reason he was alive was the ventilator he was on. I had to make the decision as the last living next of kin to "unplug" him, (he did have a living will so it did make it easier to decide). A few family members and some friends came to say their goodbyes then I made them leave the room while I held my Dad as they pulled the tube out. He died in my arms. the obituary will be in The Cullman Times newspaper on the Thursday, July 3rd issue. the "viewing" will be on Saturday July 6th from 5:00pm till 9:00pm @ Hanceville Funeral Home. The funeral will be held in the chapel there @ the funeral home @ noon on Sunday. He will be interned following a small graveside service @ Riverside Baptist Church in Hanceville, next to my mom who died on March 20th this year and my brother who died on September 20th 1996. (The other loss Jolie77 is referring to was an old friend that took her own life in October.)
how are you holding up Steph?? I know it is hard to accept death but life goes on living all over again . My dad passed away May 31st 2007 one year ago I had blog about my dad while living , never did finish update my blog which I should get around to it someday. I am living well again and have been busy moving on with new life so far I suppose . Ihope you are strong enough to stay postive and live your life to the fullest .

So sorry for your loss. I hope everything will brighten your future some day. Whenever I feel sad, i'd just look at the light blue sky with birds flying around. It'd make me smile and relax a little. My sympathy goes to you.

Back