My alittle vent out

Spicy told her sister that she wants to bring me for dinner. Her sister said nothing then said too many people. So since her husband invited his daughter and her boyfriend. and Her older sister's daughter is bringing his boyfriend too. What abt me?? Spicy have every right to BRING someone along with her to keep her company. Everyone bring a partner, or boyfriend or girlfriend. Why can't Spicy invte? It isn't fair for her! Her middle sister TOLD Spicy to bring me for Thanksgiving.

yes it is not fair.. i was not sure thats why i asked.. but now i see that everyone else had invited someone but spicy want to invite you as u are her gf.. U COME WITH HER. fair is fair.. cuz others brought someone with them?? i dont see why u shouldnt go.. so GO then! :D

Spicy told her sister that she wants to bring me for dinner. Her sister said nothing then said too many people. So since her husband invited his daughter and her boyfriend. and Her older sister's daughter is bringing his boyfriend too. What abt me?? Spicy have every right to BRING someone along with her to keep her company. Everyone bring a partner, or boyfriend or girlfriend. Why can't Spicy invte? It isn't fair for her! Her middle sister TOLD Spicy to bring me for Thanksgiving.

One more is too many people? Tell her you will bring your own chair and plate and fork!:giggle: That is just a silly excuse! If you have a houseful of people already, one more isn't going to make a difference!

One more is too many people? Tell her you will bring your own chair and plate and fork!:giggle: That is just a silly excuse! If you have a houseful of people already, one more isn't going to make a difference!

Yes, I was wondering about that and I did said ONLY ONE! person is my parnter that is all! Weird? I do not know why my sister said too many... People

I agree with Catmandu.

Who needs the family bullshit? Thanksgiving is a holiday where you spend that special day with your love ones, I wouldn't go without telling your sister where you stand. You need to tell her, If Flammer isn't allow to come, then you won't come. You want to enjoy your holiday without chaos.

Trust me when I tell you this and good luck. ;)

Cheri, yes, I know what you are talking about-- we are planning going to HER house see what my sister will have to say? as if she said no then we will leave we wil do on our own.

yes it is not fair.. i was not sure thats why i asked.. but now i see that everyone else had invited someone but spicy want to invite you as u are her gf.. U COME WITH HER. fair is fair.. cuz others brought someone with them?? i dont see why u shouldnt go.. so GO then! :D
We are planning on it anyway!! ;)

Thats good idea!! ;) Let wait and see!! ;)

Girls, you are brave.. hope things go well! I bet that sis wont say a thing at all. Would be too busy doing food and stuff... I bet it would soften the blow if you bought fancy wine with a fancy bow and beautiful flowers and a note coming from both of you. *chuckle*

hey, when your sis gets mad... leap at her... with a hug and that bottle of wine (and flowers?)! Remind her about the spirit of thanksgiving, you have a lot to be thankful for.. and she does, too. You will either stay or walk away the better person, and that is the best gift you two could give yourselves and others.

Please let us know how things go!

I am impressed with everyone's response here - the world is changing.

Wow :eek3:...First good vent Spicyie, second, Catmandu and everyone else made some good responses and suggestions...Before you talk to your sister again explain how important your girlfriend is to you and how much it means to you that they share the holiday with her...threatening your sister that you will bring your gf anyways may not be the best approach but only to create more problems.... If things don't go quite as planned, then you and your gf will have a nice thanksgiving elsewhere...Good luck sweetie hope you and your gf will have a wonderful thanksgiving with or without your family :hug:

I'm very sorry you're going through this, hope things will get better for the two of you....

I second that.

If you bring your gf with you to their house then you're inviting yourselves in without their permission. You will create big friction in their house and in the end you and your family will not enjoy Thanksgiving. Talk about it with them and give them a choice whether you're going to bring your gf or you won't go without your gf. If they won't let you bring your gf then you two should go somewhere and enjoy lovely Thanksgiving together without all that bullsh*t.

Just my 2 cents and good luck!

Yes I am with you on this...

Girls, you are brave.. hope things go well! I bet that sis wont say a thing at all. Would be too busy doing food and stuff... I bet it would soften the blow if you bought fancy wine with a fancy bow and beautiful flowers and a note coming from both of you. *chuckle*

hey, when your sis gets mad... leap at her... with a hug and that bottle of wine (and flowers?)! Remind her about the spirit of thanksgiving, you have a lot to be thankful for.. and she does, too. You will either stay or walk away the better person, and that is the best gift you two could give yourselves and others.

Liza, Wow I think that I would take your idea!! I would love that maybe I'll buy a wine an a flowers to give it to her..... you got that wonderful idea!! Thanks!! Liza

Yes, I will let everyone know how it goes well.

Last edited:
Wow :eek3:...First good vent Spicyie, second, Catmandu and everyone else made some good responses and suggestions...Before you talk to your sister again explain how important your girlfriend is to you and how much it means to you that they share the holiday with her...threatening your sister that you will bring your gf anyways may not be the best approach but only to create more problems.... If things don't go quite as planned, then you and your gf will have a nice thanksgiving elsewhere...Good luck sweetie hope you and your gf will have a wonderful thanksgiving with or without your family :hug:

I'm very sorry you're going through this, hope things will get better for the two of you....

Yes, I had thought about venting here on AD because I want to know what my friends are thinking and how... etc. :) :hug:

Everyone--- thank you!! :grouphug:

Spicygirl.... ya shoudl bring your gf to the dinner... after all, ya and your gf do love each other and everyone in your family do accept that except for your oldest sister.. I would think she is not really a wise lady to say no to your request to bring your gf for that special thanksgiving dinner... so I hope everything can be smoothed over with your oldest sister regarding your gf and thanksgiving...

Spicygirl.... ya shoudl bring your gf to the dinner... after all, ya and your gf do love each other and everyone in your family do accept that except for your oldest sister.. I would think she is not really a wise lady to say no to your request to bring your gf for that special thanksgiving dinner... so I hope everything can be smoothed over with your oldest sister regarding your gf and thanksgiving...

Northstar, yes, we are planning to be there. Thank you. :)

Excellent advise, Liza. And you are right the world is changing, slowly but surely....and for the better, I might add!

When you bring flammer with you in your family for thanksgiving and if your sister lindi doesnt like it then toobad for her cuz you said that your mom like flammer. I think Lindi isnt very nice to said that to you *smh* at Lindi.

When you bring flammer with you in your family for thanksgiving and if your sister lindi doesnt like it then toobad for her cuz you said that your mom like flammer. I think Lindi isnt very nice to said that to you *smh* at Lindi.

DM, Yes! that is soooo right!! Mom sometimes call her to see how Flammer doing. :)

In my opinion, I wouldnt skip Thanksgiving with the family, but I also wouldn't want to leave your gf out either. I say go ahead an bring her as a personal guest. Here at my parents house, there's always room for one more. We've had close to 60 people in this house before during Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers. Mom manages to feed everyone. I have absolutely no qualms over whether or not mom is going to say no guests. Now my dad thats a different story, he's the polar opposite of my mom. If I wanted to bring a gf/bf or just a friend to the family Thanksgiving Id do it.

But Ive just thought of another idea. Why not you and Flammer have your own Thanksgiving say with her family and then if you want you can still attend your family's Thanksgiving given they are on seperate days. Have you explained the situation with Flammer? I hope she realizes this is not her fault, its the fact that your sister has a ten foot pole up her rear.

Back