Word test NO lipreading= 20%

Sentence Test NO lipreading= 4%

Sentence test with lipreading= 79%

Before CI Result
Word test NO lipreading= 0%

Sentence test NO lipreading= 0%

Sentence test with lipreading= 42%

Hello everyone!
I got my 3 months post-activation test result from today.
I got most of it on 30 decibel (yay passed my goal) and only 0-250 and 6000+ is on 40. I got most of the speech banana now whoo-hoo.
Also you notice that my score wasn't high but to me its something! Little improvement is better than none at all! Also my excuse for this score being low is that from losing my CI I had to use my back-up Mini BTE and it doesn't have accessory jack so I Couldn't do any of the rehab material like book on tape to practice listening. But now I got my new CI Processor today and its regular size so now I can use the jack to get back on rehabbing lol.
Oh well. I still considered myself an success story because I can understand people much better and plus I have plenty time to learn more to have higher score. mine is just not fast and miraclously high like from 10% to 80-90% zone in 3-6 months like I see everywhere on here and blogs. I'm slower but as long I keep climbing up higher its all that matter.

Congratulations!

Good results; keep working on it! Don't use no cable as an excuse. Buy a pair of ear-cup headphones and stick them over both ears, over the whole CI; that works surprisingly well and they are cheap. (This works either using just the microphones, or frequently in the telecoil setting as well.)

Or watch a DVD with subtitles (frequently works better than captions because the text is better synchronized with the audio).

Congratulations on your success! I know I'm loving my CI.

Congratulations on your progress. And I agree, as long as you are making improvement, that is the important thing.

That is so fantastic!! And trust me it will just keep getting better!

The last sentence in your post said it all -- as long as YOU are noticing continual improvement, that's what really matters. Keep up the good work!! :)

This is wonderful news! GREAT! As long as you are improving with time - everything is going just GREAT! :D Keep up the good work. ((hugs))

42% to 79% with lip reading is HUGE! And all of other improvments are great too! As long as you a pleased with the results, that is all that matters! Great work, keep it up!:mrgreen:

42% to 79% with lip reading is HUGE! And all of other improvments are great too! As long as you a pleased with the results, that is all that matters! Great work, keep it up!:mrgreen:

I agree with JennyB. Just think of how much less effort you are now putting into lipreading in every day situations as a result of improved audition. This was the biggest thing I noticed - not having to depend so heavily on lipreading which I found exhausting. :)

I do know lipreading a little bit. I want to learn. I tried to use my voice. It got me a sore throat in my voice's muscle.

I agree with JennyB. Just think of how much less effort you are now putting into lipreading in every day situations as a result of improved audition. This was the biggest thing I noticed - not having to depend so heavily on lipreading which I found exhausting. :)

Back