MVP HOT SPOT (WIFI ONLY) Discussion

thechaostheory

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a thought to start a new thread for peope who have a MVP to drop by which wifi hotspot worked for them?

I tried:

Panera Bread: WiFi worked, but could not make calls. Web Browser worked.

Did anyone tried Starbucks?

Public access or Hotspot Wi-Fi might not work for MVP on incoming calls. Very simple logic here, no port forwarding or DMZ.

Its fucking useless

and what is the point that HOVRS purposed that it would be mobile? Oh yeah, whatever. But useful if you have it at a friend's place, oh yes.

I go clubhouse/swimming pool, MVP work both web and VP
Cheer!

That what I was saying in other mvp thread. its basically useless for traveling and you would have to set up every router that doesn't work with it. Its sad.

fcc should have law to put video support standard in routers and people can have option to block it.

You can just ask saleperson at wifi site for DMZ only, if the saleperson will tell you which DMZ IP addy going be, and you can add Network Profile in the MVP's network "Static" setting.

You can just ask saleperson at wifi site for DMZ only, if the saleperson will tell you which DMZ IP addy going be, and you can add Network Profile in the MVP's network "Static" setting.

Ummm you expect them to know what to do with the hotspot? chance is they dont know how to do it, or even know how to plug their own laptop into the hotspot!

Edit: yay 200th post!

This just came to my mind, I recall watching a Vlog from HOVRS, that the man in an resturant was able to connect his MVP to the free wifi and make calls...:hmm:

Bravo! more blunder for hovr$ if you configrue your home router then you configrue all public routers mvp is doomsday for hovr$

Oh please. Do everyone know how to config the router at Public WIFI? I don't think so also new Linksys never will work with MVP due no h.323. Wake up!

This just came to my mind, I recall watching a Vlog from HOVRS, that the man in an resturant was able to connect his MVP to the free wifi and make calls...:hmm:

LOL. Do you really believe anything from HOVRS?

Oh please. Do everyone know how to config the router at Public WIFI? I don't think so also new Linksys never will work with MVP due no h.323. Wake up!

LOL. Do you really believe anything from HOVRS?

I am not sure, but I am willing to give it a try. ;)
Even though, some IT dudes, who knows how to hack in their routers, si?

Better switch from static to DHCP on MVP for public WiFi hotshops area.

I am not sure, but I am willing to give it a try. ;)
Even though, some IT dudes, who knows how to hack in their routers, si?

How many MVP user know how to hack?

Some Public WIFI use wireless access point that it don't have DMZ or forward port.

Back