Music (Audio Cord) and Bilateral Implants experience?

Hockey94

Reaction score
There are two things I'm curious about and just can't make sense of it. I have asked my audiologist about the first one and she thought it to be strange but nothing that sounded serious.

Thing #1:

Back when I had my Freedom, I also had a audio cord to listen to music. It for some reason doesn't worth with both N5/Freedom (but I had cord before I had N5 though).

So whenever I played music on the Freedom, there were sometimes moments where I could hear the music a little in my other implant - the inside implant not the processor. And the cord isn't connected to the N5.

Not sure if anyone else had this experience, but I was a little scared haha.

This no longer happens now since I upgraded to N6 and getting a new audio cord that works with both implants.

But it leads to another neat experience that I actually enjoy.

Thing #2:

Is it me or when you have both implants on and connected via audio cord to IPad for music - There are moments where like the song does a echo "tell me", then repeats "tell me" but a little lower....

And for some reason one "tell me" only happens in my right ear, then the second "tell me" part will only happen in my left ear.

Is this something to do with how the processors work? Or is it supposed to alternate between ears like that?

It just makes me enjoy music more - as if like I'm playing a stereo inside my head.

Is it me or when you have both implants on and connected via audio cord to IPad for music - There are moments where like the song does a echo "tell me", then repeats "tell me" but a little lower....

And for some reason one "tell me" only happens in my right ear, then the second "tell me" part will only happen in my left ear.

Is this something to do with how the processors work? Or is it supposed to alternate between ears like that?

It just makes me enjoy music more - as if like I'm playing a stereo inside my head.

Sounds like a stereo panning effect to me. You could test it by listening to it over stereo speakers and noting if the same effect is there. Sounds cool to me!

Back