Moving with kids and possible job...

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I "like" this page. They ask a lot of interesting questions. This was today's question(see below). What would your advice(s) be?

If this was me, I would probably worry when I get job first. THen again, if I was gone, kids would wonder why I was gone. I would have to tell them that I'm interviewing for a job out of state. Explain the plus of interviewing for a new job out of state.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/TommyAndBrookFAN

Got any advice for Angela?
Tommy and Brook...
Was wondering if you had any advice for me. My husband is interviewing for a job out of state and it looks VERY promising that he will get it. I'm pretty sure our kids 10, 8 and 5 will freak out. Is it best to start talking to them about it now or wait until it is closer to reality...or actually BECOMES reality? Was wondering maybe if someone had been through this before and maybe had some words of wisdom. THANKS! --Angela

When I was a kid, we moved often to different states because of my dad's work. I don't recall my parents ever discussing it with us until it was time to pack. Moving to a new place and going to a new school isn't always easy for kids but I don't know why they would "freak out." Now that I look back, I'm glad to have so many different experiences.

I probably wouldn't discuss it with the kids until it was a done deal, that dad got the job for sure.

Back