Moving to washington state......

Had some relatives in Kelso/ Longview area. SW Washington is the bomb. I remember a couple times camping roundabouts there a couple times when I was young. Good Luck and have fun. Moving is never a walk in the park. Blah to the packing and moving.

do your relatives still live near kelso?

yes i can see both mt st helens and mt rainer from the road out from house to interstate 5. im bout hr from teh coast and 25 min from the lake and 40 min from rainer and less than hr from helens. im in perfect spot!!!!! i love it here! im sooo happy.
Oh yes, I would love it there. I don't mind cooler weather all the time, plus it is so green. If you want hot and dry, drive to eastern Washington. I also notice you still list Texas as your location. Better change it! :giggle:

Winlock is a nice little town. I still have a place just west of Longview and spend as much time as I can there every year. I love it there and have made some of the greatest of friends in SW Washington and Northwest Oregon. Lots to do around there too. If you want country it is like a picture book around there and if you want small town it is there too and easy to go off to the beaches or up in the mountains or the big city whatever you wish to do it is there.

Winlock is a nice little town. I still have a place just west of Longview and spend as much time as I can there every year. I love it there and have made some of the greatest of friends in SW Washington and Northwest Oregon.QUOTE]

oh yes. its lovely here. im very happy to be here. so where do u live now?
im hoping to meet people here. is it hard to get to know people here? i was told of a Vocat Rehab place that help the deaf there in kelso.... do you know of it?

I was used to work in Kelso at the Three River Mall, but the store that I worked was closed.

For finding the deaf friends, I would recommend to get around where the deaf people go, like the DVR you talked about. There are some of deaf people from Longview/Kelso that travel to Vancouver and Portland to hang out with the deafies here pretty often. Also I would recommend to try the college in Longview/Kelso, there are some deaf people went there.

That's all I know, hope that helps :)

Sweaters? It's HOT HERE!

haha, well its a cool 95 today im guessing. yall gotta remember its bout 106 and 108 in del rio this time of year. so its nice weather to me. everyone is fussing bout how hot it is and im enjoying it. sooo funny!:giggle:

I was used to work in Kelso at the Three River Mall, but the store that I worked was closed.

For finding the deaf friends, I would recommend to get around where the deaf people go, like the DVR you talked about. There are some of deaf people from Longview/Kelso that travel to Vancouver and Portland to hang out with the deafies here pretty often. Also I would recommend to try the college in Longview/Kelso, there are some deaf people went there.

That's all I know, hope that helps :)

it does help thanks. is the college in kelso like atech college or a reg two yr? i do like portland. i like it the closer u get to vancover but the bridge and that area on I-5. ill look into kelso college. thanks for the tip! so ur in portand?:hmm:

haha, well its a cool 95 today im guessing. yall gotta remember its bout 106 and 108 in del rio this time of year. so its nice weather to me. everyone is fussing bout how hot it is and im enjoying it. sooo funny!:giggle:

It's all relative. I have lived in Minnesota most of my life, but was in Maryland for about 3 years. In January, the temps would sometimes be around 40º for a high. I would see everyone with the big hooded parkas, zipped all the way, with just a little peep hole to see where they were going. I had the car windows down, thinking "This is great; 40's in January!" instead of what I was used to here, which is teens and single numbers for highs in January, and sometimes much lower. When they got ANY snow, they had the school closings on bottom of the TV screen. People would line up at the grocery for water and toilet paper. I would go for a long walk and enjoy the snowfall.

it does help thanks. is the college in kelso like atech college or a reg two yr? i do like portland. i like it the closer u get to vancover but the bridge and that area on I-5. ill look into kelso college. thanks for the tip! so ur in portand?:hmm:

No problemo :) This is the college that I've heard from Longview/Kelso area often, LCC - Lower Columbia College

And I live in Vancouver, Washington which are just across the river at the north from Portland ;)

106-108 isn't nice weather to me...too hot for me. :P

Be sure to let me know when you come back through TX. I still would love to meet you. Your posts now sound so happy. That is very good. I am happy for you that you are in a very beautiful place and I know you will make new friends very quickly.

It's all relative. I have lived in Minnesota most of my life, but was in Maryland for about 3 years. In January, the temps would sometimes be around 40º for a high. When they got ANY snow, they had the school closings on bottom of the TV screen. People would line up at the grocery for water and toilet paper. I would go for a long walk and enjoy the snowfall.

haha, amen! thats funny. people are sweating here and im sitting outside enjoying the nice weather. they said heat wave on news and i laughed. heat wave for south texas is like 106 degrees and up. it hit 110 at my buddys house yesterday down there. it didnt even show it on the weather though. i got to admit 110 would make me stay in the a/c. i know it gets rainy and cloudy and cold up here in WA. i fig itll take me bout a yr to get aclimated.(spelling)

Be sure to let me know when you come back through TX. I still would love to meet you. Your posts now sound so happy. That is very good. I am happy for you that you are in a very beautiful place and I know you will make new friends very quickly.

thank u sweety. i will def let u know when i do. ya know i am very happy here i got to say. i mean i havent met a whole lot of people yet but i know i will. people seem to be friendly up here. and it helps to have some family here to show me around and help me learn who i need to talk to to get things done.
haha, my aunt was like ur a very happy little person im hoping u dont have to do light therapy during this winter. i was like why would i have to? haha, ill get use to the clouds ok i bet. the only thing is cloudy weather makes me sooo sleepy. ill be like a zombie at first till i get use to it.

thank u sweety. i will def let u know when i do. ya know i am very happy here i got to say. i mean i havent met a whole lot of people yet but i know i will. people seem to be friendly up here. and it helps to have some family here to show me around and help me learn who i need to talk to to get things done.
haha, my aunt was like ur a very happy little person im hoping u dont have to do light therapy during this winter. i was like why would i have to? haha, ill get use to the clouds ok i bet. the only thing is cloudy weather makes me sooo sleepy. ill be like a zombie at first till i get use to it.

If you can live with average of 227 days of cloudiness a year, you'll be ok. LOL This year has been plenty of clear days, though.

If you can live with average of 227 days of cloudiness a year, you'll be ok. LOL This year has been plenty of clear days, though.

HOLY SMOKES are u serious :shock::roll:qq haha, dang, we only got like 40 or 50 days cloudy a yr south tex.

Back