Movie Maker on WinXP wont start because of no sound card in my pc. not fair to deaf

bmxer

Reaction score
basically Im upset about Movie Player because I cant use it :/
I never want to go out and buy sound card. Id wait for a patch.

I gonna inform groups of deaf people about myself not able to use the movie maker esp if they do not have sound card in their pc.

I would never want sound card or need one because Im deaf :D

but this movie maker is only ONE software that i have problem with.

I already upgraded my movie player to 2 and am disappointed that I cant run it at all because of no sound card on my pc. this is not fair !!!

refer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269591 for your info.

the movie maker software may be violating Americans With Disabilites Act Law in USA.

the developers better make a patch for people who do not have sound card in their pc.

Thank you
BMXer

what are you moaning about? just go and buy the dang thing... sound card ain't expensive... you could go and get a cheapo one..a second-hand..third-third..billion-hand sound card as long as it's still working... and babey..if you ever wanted to buy DVD Rom..you'll need sound card for it to work..and if you have onboard sound card... well... just use it...

i meant..yeah..we are deaf..but there are things that'll have to buy to make some things work... even if you don't need it..but the computer does..eh?

just because you are deaf doesn't meant your computer don't need a sound card..eh????

Yeah actually, same thing how I felt..
Ugh sound card? geez.. why need this ? *groan* buy cheap sound card 20 bux ciergio (sp) better nothing.. just plain and simple.. No needs fancy sound card?

Well, I have similiar problem as yours. Not just WinXP.

Let me say some games won't running without video card. Force myself to get the sound card before install in my computer. It's running well. Just simple is just turn MUTE as sound off.

Sometime, the programs can be very picky that make them get sound card or not. My opinion is most picky is video card than sound card. Have to change to make it proper before start playing kewl games.

I need sound in order to feel the "beep". When I use AIM, I could feel the "beep" when someone IM me. It's so cool!

Well, all Apple computer are included built-in sound card. I don't need to worry about it. The Apple's sound is freak awesome!

I want to have sound on computer if I ever own PC. I want to. I need a feel vibrator of sound. ;)

SmellyFeet is right, soundcard is ultra cheap. Of course, you can find from ebay for probably 10 bucks. It won't hurt your budget anyway.

LOL haha I do have video capture card and it works fine. I use other program and OLD microsoft movie editor. I just had to use diff video editors softwares

BMXer, it is common to require anyone to install sound card(s) on computers due to few reasons included system (POST) beep to let you know that if there is any problem going on in computer. Anyway you can try this program, virtualdub and so far I know, it does not require the sound card to work. And it is free and quite useful for editing or make some movies in .avi and certain formats (it is popular program for people who usually DVD-rip these DVD movies to convert for others to watch on PC)

That's one of many nice things about Windows, there are megatons of programs you can pick and utilize to meet your needs if others does not work and etcetera.

Also, people here are right about sound card, it isn't that expensive, you can get a good one (recommendation: SoundBlaster card) for cheap price like $20 or so. Anyway good luck with movie making.

Last edited:
Back