MOTION activated visual alert - help!

serijules

Reaction score
I have been desperately looking for a motion activated visual alert system for my business, and all I can find are doorbell and knock sensors, which I don't want and can't use.

Basically, I need something that, when the door to my business is open a light will flash in two different rooms. Preferably something I can mount on the wall. No audible alert is necessary.

Anyone know of something like this and where I can get it? All the websites I look at don't really tell anything about the technology, and none of it seems to be what I want with the motion -activated + visual alert combo.

Thank you very much for anyone that replies with helpful advice!!

alertmaster

you can get an allert master.. that has a vibater,pager,doorbell,alarmclock,noise detecter,firealarm and motion senser ! all told it cost about $200..........
i have one ,and run xmas tree lights ,at the edge of the ceiling, throught the whole house. it works great

Motion alert? Wouldn't that be annoying since you're alerted every time someone walks nearby? That would also include you... especially if you're signing. You could be signing to your friend then the light flashes. "Oh, hold a second... someone is in the other room." *leaves room & returns* "Hmm... that's weird, there's no one in the other room?" ;)

VamPyroX said:
Motion alert? Wouldn't that be annoying since you're alerted every time someone walks nearby? That would also include you... especially if you're signing. You could be signing to your friend then the light flashes. "Oh, hold a second... someone is in the other room." *leaves room & returns* "Hmm... that's weird, there's no one in the other room?" ;)

I own a business, I need to know when someone walks in the door. I would position the sensors to activate when someone walks through the door, like most businesses have a bell or a something that goes off when the door is opened. I need something like that, only that will visually alert me every time someone comes in the door as I am often in the other room, and despite signs telling people to announce their entrance by coming down into the grooming room or kennel, they just stand up in the shop like idiots and wait for me to notice them, which can take hours if I am grooming or cleaning. Even if I have a sign to ring a bell (which would work to have a doorbell for people to ring that would visually alert because those are easy enough to find), people either read the sign and ignore it, or don't read the sign. When you own a business, you figure out quick that there are a lot of really really really fucking stupid people out there :/

BTW, I don't sign, I read lips and my speech is good :)

Okay, that makes more sense. I'm sure you can find something from the Sonic company.

serijules said:
I own a business, I need to know when someone walks in the door. I would position the sensors to activate when someone walks through the door, like most businesses have a bell or a something that goes off when the door is opened. I need something like that, only that will visually alert me every time someone comes in the door as I am often in the other room, and despite signs telling people to announce their entrance by coming down into the grooming room or kennel, they just stand up in the shop like idiots and wait for me to notice them, which can take hours if I am grooming or cleaning. Even if I have a sign to ring a bell (which would work to have a doorbell for people to ring that would visually alert because those are easy enough to find), people either read the sign and ignore it, or don't read the sign. When you own a business, you figure out quick that there are a lot of really really really fucking stupid people out there :/

BTW, I don't sign, I read lips and my speech is good :)

motion detectors used for outsdoor lighting from Home Depot or Lowes. Cut off the light socket and put some wiring from the motion detector to your back room.

Sonic?? too expensive.

X10 system from smarthome.com is good.

Back