more designs for audio cable cords?

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
I love to listen to music, i listen to my ipod all the time with the bilateral audio cable cord that cochlear makes. But the thing is, everyday whenever i go to places, i see my friends with colored headphones, fun headphones, etc, i get a little jealous. Because I don't want to use black headphones all the time. I think cochlear should make headphones for teenagers/kids who listen to music all the time (like me) where its like colored or use different patterns on it. I think it would be so much fun to do that. Personally, my favorite color is purple, and i would wear purple everyday if i could, but i would want to use it on the audio cables for the implants. Unfortunately cochlear doesn't, and it kind of bums me out that cochlear just makes black audio cables. I wear black all the time for band and i get sick of wearing black. Does anybody know where or what company makes fun, colored audio cables for cochlear implants?

they have different color options for the processors... I don't really see the point in colored cables. Most cords of any sort are the generic neutral colors (black, white, brown, gray), why add bright colors?

Doing a quick search online, I don't see anything for colored audio cables.

Not only color that cochlear fails at, but also the fact that they sell it for over $100, is there any company that sells the exact same model for a crap-load cheaper?

they have different color options for the processors... I don't really see the point in colored cables. Most cords of any sort are the generic neutral colors (black, white, brown, gray), why add bright colors?

Doing a quick search online, I don't see anything for colored audio cables.

I understand that they have different colors for the processors. I'm just mainly talking about the audio cables that i use for my ipod. I don't really go for the bright neon colors that my friends do with headphones, i'm more mellow. I perfer purple. I honestly like to use different kind of colors of headphones because that's just me. I get sick of wearing black all the time because of band and stuff.

Maybe for now you could find a way to alter them yourself. I saw someone who'd wrapped their headphone cord in embroidery floss, similar to a hair wrap. It looked fun, and original, and probably easily changed when it got boring/dirty. It's also something that is almost guaranteed not to damage the equipment.

I understand that they have different colors for the processors. I'm just mainly talking about the audio cables that i use for my ipod. I don't really go for the bright neon colors that my friends do with headphones, i'm more mellow. I perfer purple. I honestly like to use different kind of colors of headphones because that's just me. I get sick of wearing black all the time because of band and stuff.

i would dig deep purple or even red. I'm gonna look into this, and see if any sleeveing can do the job.

FTW Sleeve Small v2.0 Red (Pre-Order) - Small Sleeve - FTW Sleeve - Sleeving
Something like this with a matching heatshrink would look really nice

edit: I talked to FTWPC (where i get all of my sleeving for my computer), and I just ordered enough sleeving for the audio cable, excited! Got red.

Last edited:
Maybe for now you could find a way to alter them yourself. I saw someone who'd wrapped their headphone cord in embroidery floss, similar to a hair wrap. It looked fun, and original, and probably easily changed when it got boring/dirty. It's also something that is almost guaranteed not to damage the equipment.

GOOD IDEA! HOWS THAT ? (to coolgirlspyer90)

i would dig deep purple or even red. I'm gonna look into this, and see if any sleeveing can do the job.

FTW Sleeve Small v2.0 Red (Pre-Order) - Small Sleeve - FTW Sleeve - Sleeving
Something like this with a matching heatshrink would look really nice

edit: I talked to FTWPC (where i get all of my sleeving for my computer), and I just ordered enough sleeving for the audio cable, excited! Got red.

those look awesome! do they come in different colors than just red, white, black? And do they really protect the cable? and I'm not sure how you would get it on since the plug for the implant is bigger..

This is one company i order from, there are tons of sleeving companies to order from and tons of colors.

They "kinda" protect the wires, but mainly just for good looks. And you can bend the sleeve and it gets thick, but we'll see if it will work or not, if not, wasted 4 bucks

Maybe colored electrical tape might help? Might take a lot of time and patience, though...

Maybe colored electrical tape might help? Might take a lot of time and patience, though...

hmm i don't know if my dad would like that idea.. he doesn't like the idea of tape on a $100 CI audio cable cord... I try to keep it in good condition unless something happens.

Why not use nail polish on the ends of the cables (not the metal part just the plastic part holding the plug). That way it will stand out and you can repaint it if it chips off or even change the color. Just make sure you do not paint the metal part.

Back