Monday 9/25 at 10am

Isaacsmom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Sorry it has been a while since my last update. We've had some problems with getting water in the basement and needed to get it fixed. But the big news is that on Monday at 10am, Isaac will be admitted to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) to get his cochlear implant! We are all excited and nervous for the little guy. They told us that he should be able to come home the same day unless there are complications. Me and my husband will be there, but so will my mom and dad....for support. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! I'll update when we are back.

I'll pray for you! It must be so nerve-racking waiting for the operation!

That day is ALMOST here already???? Wow! Time sure flies...

Isaac surely will ace the surgery -- my grandson got through his with flying colors.

Please keep us informed (when you can, of course -- Isaac comes first)...

:dance2:

Ah, brings back good memories...
We had to spend 3 days in the hospital with Lotte since we live so far from it. Would have loved to go straight home with Lotte.
She was up and going so fast after the operation, that the hospital was too small for her....

Bring some familiar toys for the first hours... then, he'll want to play with the "new" toys... Unknown toys are allways better for some reason....

Take this child

Give her wings
to hear
the sound of my smile

Give her wings
to hear
the radiance of my eyes

Never the same again
after today
Blessed
with an exceptional gift

To hear light
To see sound
gives wings to the soul

Lottes Mum, october 4th, 2004
to the surgeon operating on Lotte​

Great suggestion about the toys!

You gotta keep your signature forever! Love your wife's poem!

We left our DVD player with Marshall at the hospital for him to watch his favorite movies...

Thats great!! I will keep your son & your family in my prayers. I hope only the BEST for little Issac:)

Hello everyone,
Sorry it has been a while since my last update. We've had some problems with getting water in the basement and needed to get it fixed. But the big news is that on Monday at 10am, Isaac will be admitted to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) to get his cochlear implant! We are all excited and nervous for the little guy. They told us that he should be able to come home the same day unless there are complications. Me and my husband will be there, but so will my mom and dad....for support. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! I'll update when we are back.

Wow thats great, i'll keep Isaac in my prayers tonight. I hope everything goes smooth for him and you are about to enter an exciting new journey! Good luck with everything.

All is well!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,
Isaac's surgery yesterday went great. It only took the surgeon 2 hours to complete. The surgery began at 11:39 am and was done by 1:45pm. I was so shocked it was so quick. Isaac was very groggy and fussy yesterday. He slept on and off for the rest of the day. He woke up once during the night and I gave him some pain medicine. He also didn't sleep in his crib, but he was sleeping in bed with my husband and me. He woke up at 6:30 this morning ready to go. He was running around and playing cars. He got tired of wearing the bandage around his head, so he took it off and handed it to me. After he gave it to me he signed, "thank you". It was so cute. He ate some toast with strawberry jam on it this morning and seems to have his appetite back. The only thing that scared me was that there was some blood draining from his nose, but the surgeon said it was expected to have a little blood. They tested all the electrodes on the Nucleus Freedom implant before they completed surgery and said that they got a great response, which means his nerve is good. We were so relieved and grateful to God. I will write more later and show some pictures. His incision looks good and it is only about 3 inches long. I gotta go chase Isaac around. You can't even tell he had surgery the way he is acting! Thank you all for your prayers!

Congratulations Isaac - and his mum of course...
.... The only thing that scared me was that there was some blood draining from his nose, but the surgeon said it was expected to have a little blood. ............
You can't even tell he had surgery the way he is acting!
Lotte also had some bleeding from the nose the first day. Looks terrible, but they don't notice themselves. We guessed it came from the damage in the middle-ear, so it was to be expected.
But the doctors never warned us for it.. It came as a little surprise.

But it's amazing how fast they recover and don't think about it... actually.. Lotte did remember the white jackets... going back to the hospital for the hook-up, she was very reluctant.... But only the first time... After that, going to the hospital / centre is all play!!

Countdown starts again....

That is so wonderful!!!! I will still keep Isaac in my thoughts in prayers & hope only for the best for that litttle guy:)

Hello everyone,
Isaac's surgery yesterday went great. It only took the surgeon 2 hours to complete. The surgery began at 11:39 am and was done by 1:45pm. I was so shocked it was so quick. Isaac was very groggy and fussy yesterday. He slept on and off for the rest of the day. He woke up once during the night and I gave him some pain medicine. He also didn't sleep in his crib, but he was sleeping in bed with my husband and me. He woke up at 6:30 this morning ready to go. He was running around and playing cars. He got tired of wearing the bandage around his head, so he took it off and handed it to me. After he gave it to me he signed, "thank you". It was so cute. He ate some toast with strawberry jam on it this morning and seems to have his appetite back. The only thing that scared me was that there was some blood draining from his nose, but the surgeon said it was expected to have a little blood. They tested all the electrodes on the Nucleus Freedom implant before they completed surgery and said that they got a great response, which means his nerve is good. We were so relieved and grateful to God. I will write more later and show some pictures. His incision looks good and it is only about 3 inches long. I gotta go chase Isaac around. You can't even tell he had surgery the way he is acting! Thank you all for your prayers!

Glad to hear all are good with isaac! Now on to the countdown.. waiting .. thats the hardest thing to do, huh? :( but glad to hear Isaac is doing great and back to old self.. ha.. :)

Wonderful!!!!

When is the hook-up day? I am sure he will do just well!

Too cute that he gave you the bandage and said "thank you" (in sign).

Hey thats great to hear hes alright!!! Thanks for letting us know!!

yea like Lake said when is the hook up?

Isaacsmom: . He got tired of wearing the bandage around his head, so he took it off and handed it to me. After he gave it to me he signed, "thank you". It was so cute.

Oh how cute! And that showed his presence of mind and he's already getting back into the groove of things!

Yeah, same as Lake -- how soon did they tell you when they can "turn" Isaac on?

:dance2:

He is officially "turned on" on Friday October 20th. So it is about a month away. I have to go back to Philly every week in October: to see the surgeon and make sure the incision is healing properly, to get the equipment ( they let Isaac wear the implant for a week before turning it on), turn on date and the one week post turn on date. It is all so exciting and nerve wracking! I know that it is in God's hands. I am so shocked that Isaac is recovering so well. Yesterday was so different than today. Today he is back to his routine without any pain it seems. I guess that is why it is outpatient surgery. I'm just shocked though.

He is officially "turned on" on Friday October 20th. So it is about a month away. I have to go back to Philly every week in October: to see the surgeon and make sure the incision is healing properly, to get the equipment ( they let Isaac wear the implant for a week before turning it on), turn on date and the one week post turn on date.......
Why should the sureon look at it... Any doctor in your town could look at it and check it.... Would same you a lot of driving - no matter how far it is....

Why should the sureon look at it... Any doctor in your town could look at it and check it.... Would same you a lot of driving - no matter how far it is....
well it would have to be my surgeon doctor taking a look at my incision then again for removal of staples (or any other type of sutures ) When I had staples removed, it was one of his assistants.

so It varies upon surgeon's decision.

The surgeon wants to do the follow up so he KNOWS everything is OK. There are liability issues if someone else does the follow up.
Isaacs mom, be very observant of his overall wellness. Right now he is at his highest risk of menangitus.
Congrats on him doing so good! It is amazing how fast they recover.
Right now Lilly is sitting on my lap using my computer as a drum. tapping on it with a drum stick singing a song without her processor on. Keep him healthy, keep talking to him, non-stop. Before ya know it, you'll be crying tears of joy when he suprises you with his first word!
Congrats again

Back